Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Yep, and we don't need Nancy Grace to figure that out for us, lol!  

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Also heard that he entered some rehab  for ? opioid addiction.

Just speculating , that It is sounding more and more suspicious  that  he may have been involved in his wife and sons death. Wonder if they had hefty life insurance policies ?

@skatting44 

It would be very unusual if they didn't have life insurance policies, but the first thing that comes to mind is if the policies were enough to cover what he had embezzled.  Boy, what a mess his life is in, even if he isn't involved in the murders.

Honored Contributor

He has been  "person of interest" from the beginning about the murders, before a fled to rehab.

Trusted Contributor

I think Nancy Grace is on FoxNation, their streaming channel. As soon as I heard about the Murdaugh case,  I immediately thought of her! 
The law firm where he resigned is the one his own grandfather started. He was forced out of the firm and they are investigating but have nothing they can prove yet....am sure if he has been stealing money from the firm he knows how to hide it.  I heard a statement he gave and he apologized profusely but didn't say for what....and said he would be entering rehab, also not saying why, so there is a lot of blanks to fill in.  Am betting Hollywood is already thinking about a movie....

Honored Contributor

This will make a good movie when it's all said and done. 

Respected Contributor
Wow I didn’t know he embezzled money from his law firm. Poor wife and son. This is an interesting story. I love Nancy Grace and will have to see where she discusses this.
Esteemed Contributor

The latest this morning is that there is a church very near where he was "shot" WITH A VIDEO CAMERA aimed at area where he was shot and it is in custody of police ( so we may know the truth soon).  DH and I were just talking about this case; bet 20/20 or Dateline does a show (or two) on this.  Really sounds like Dad did it, probably for insurance, etc.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Where is Nancy Grace now days?  What channel?  This case has been mentioned on the radio in Michigan, but not sure where these people lived.

@depglass   The Murdaughs live or lived in Hampton County SC a rural area not far from Savannah Ga. Quite the story here. In addition to the dead girlfriend of the son who was scheduled to stand trial, and the murder of the son  and his mother there is another death. In 2015 a young man named Stephen Smith was killed and his body was found in the middle of the road. Initially it was determined to be a hit and run. Now authorities have reopened the case and it seems it might have some connection to the Murdaughs. I don't know how things could get any stranger. 

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop  seems to be an unsavory bunch that family. 22 year old son was facing criminal charges and a civil suit in the death of a 22 year old woman riding in his boat after family tried to cover it up. The son is also a person of interest in the death of a man in 2016 in which Father has been accused of covering up facts about that case as well.. Father goes off the deep end, has gotton addicted to drugs and is now suspected of embuzzling millions of dollars. Now a so called gunshot to the head by an unknown person which was very superficial. My guess it was a failed suicide attempt and that he orchestrated the entire

thing. 

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey @webbgarner1  It was reported today the police reports are conflicting, seriously?!?  This will all get sorted out but what a head-scratcher!  The father is beginning to make Charles Manson look like an upstanding citizen, lol!