Trusted Contributor

Re: Muppets' John Henson Dead at 48 'Sudden massive heart attack' kills Jim Henson's youngest son

Way too young.

Honored Contributor

Re: Muppets' John Henson Dead at 48 'Sudden massive heart attack' kills Jim Henson's youngest son

Honored Contributor

When I see something like this, I wonder if it was a genetically passed on thing that happened.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Instead of having a tricuspid valve at his heart, maybe he had a bicuspid valve instead. A resulting aneurysm occurs at the aortic arch (the aorta that leaves the heart) and over time that could burst and mimic a heart attack. Only an autopsy would determine if his son had this.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

For some reason, I read the obits. I find myself looking for people my age or younger dying and then trying to figure out why they died. More and more people fit that category.

May his family find peace.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/16/2014 JustJazzmom said:

When I see something like this, I wonder if it was a genetically passed on thing that happened.

It probably was genetic. My husband died of a massive coronary at age 37, his father was 51 & died of the same thing, his grandfather was in his 80's & died the same way. Mr. Henson might have something underlying that caused the heart attack, such as WPW (Wolff Parkinson White syndrome, which is a genetic condition) I'm not stating as a fact that Mr. Henson died of WPW, I'm just stating it may have been a possibility. Only an autopsy would tell for sure.

Super Contributor

Many of the deaths were people well into their 80's. After 80, your days are pretty much numbered.... . Young deaths in your 40's and younger are usually cancer, heart disease, drugs, or booze or an accident. Many of the Actors etc who have passed lately were up in years. Sad but not unexpected.

Honored Contributor

On 2/16/2014 Marianne is complicated said:

For some reason, I read the obits. I find myself looking for people my age or younger dying and then trying to figure out why they died. More and more people fit that category.

May his family find peace.

Raising my hand...I do that too.
Frequent Contributor

That's so sad. The Muffets have brought many smiles over the years to our kids. I seem to be reading more and more of heart attacks and deaths in people in their early 50's.

During our huge storm on Thursday I read three men died of massive heart attacks while shoveling snow. I think 57,54 & 47 years old. A real tragedy.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/16/2014 Yuban3 said:

Dang! That makes, what, five so far this month?

1. Phillip Seymore Hoffman

2.Shirley Temple

3. Sid Ceaser

4. Ralph Waite

5. John Henson

May he rest, and prayers go out to his family.

NO, it makes six (6) - Maximillian Schell also passed away.

I thought Jim the dad passed from pneumonia. Now his son. Disney bought the rights to the Muppets years ago and things just weren't the same.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust