Respected Contributor

Re: Multiple Piercings and Tattoos

@Marp

tattoo artists are just that artists.  they can do just about anything.  the ink they use now does not fade ( i've been told) over time.  you should always use sunscreen though to be safe.

it's worth investigating if you're interested.

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

For me I am concerned about their future.  Accidents and illness happens.  If they ever needed a skin graff or a tram flap to rebuild a breast due to cancer.  The tattoo would be quite an issue.  Tissue for the face or areas where we are exposed would also look awful.  Some may say that they can get cadaver skin, etc. but not always does the body accept the transplants and not always does the graff look right. 

Another danger is hepatitis - very real.

No thank you. 

Skin grafts can come from multiple places of the body. You are speaking about difficulty as it relates to full body tattoos and those are very rare. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

it's a form of self expression these young people are doing these days.  i myself will be curious, if i'm still around, how they feel about it when they get older.

This isn't OT....  Several years ago I had a sweet, middle age patient for her mammogram..  she had a gorgeous yellow rose on one of her girls.  She said, "I know when I get older, this will be dragging the ground."  We got a huge chuckle out of that.  It was one of the prettiest roses I'd seen via tattoo. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@June222 wrote:

I see so many young woman with  multiple piercings in their lips, nose, eye brows......and tattoos all down their arms, on their backs, on their necks..... I can see maybe one small tattoo....ot one piercing....but so many? It does not look nice, not feminine  all. Actually it looks rather dirty and nasty to me. 

Yes I am old school, 60 years old with no tattoos or piercing other than pierced ears. I question if it is some sort of addiction like plastic surgery stemming from feeling inadequate or needing attention?  

That's how I feel about posters who start threads constantly judging others.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@italia8140 wrote:

@June222 wrote:

I see so many young woman with  multiple piercings in their lips, nose, eye brows......and tattoos all down their arms, on their backs, on their necks..... I can see maybe one small tattoo....ot one piercing....but so many? It does not look nice, not feminine  all. Actually it looks rather dirty and nasty to me. 

Yes I am old school, 60 years old with no tattoos or piercing other than pierced ears. I question if it is some sort of addiction like plastic surgery stemming from feeling inadequate or needing attention?  

Needing attention - "LOOK AT ME". Multiple piercings and lots of tatoos look ridiculous and are REALLY unattractive.

Very interesting response from you in light of the fact that you posted this on a thread titled "appropriate outfit."

People who have to put down what someone else is wearing must have NOTHING better to do. What an empty life. How someone dresses is not a big deal and is NOBODY'S concern.

Wouldn't that same sentiment apply here? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

Leave the psychology to the professionals.  

Or we can have fun and discuss it our selves.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I have a tattoo question.  Would the picture below translate well as a tattoo and how would it hold up over time?

Cats-eyes.jpg

@Marp, you find the right tattoo artist to translate that & it would be gorgeous and  believe it would hold up over time.  I am not a tattoo fashionista nor do I have tattoos (call me a chicken) but have seen some that are well translated.

Those on people's face, not so much.. especiall when they have those metal gear things done.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

LOL "young people" aren't the only ones with tattoos. You guys can think what you want and I'll continue to live my life as I see fit. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I have a tattoo question.  Would the picture below translate well as a tattoo and how would it hold up over time?

Cats-eyes.jpg

@Marp

At 62, I have 9 tattoos, none of which can be seen unless I want you to and all have special meaning meaning to me.

My DD has almost this exact tattoo you're showing, as it looks like her first cat that she had for 19 years.

To answer your question, black does tend to fade some over many years and depending on how much it's exposed to sun, but can easily be touched up if necessary.

I recently had my black paw print touched up, after having it about 10 years.

My DD's tat like your pic above, had trouble with the yellow ink 'taking'. She may have had a sensitivity to that particular color ink, but the yellow seemed to 'weep' more during healing and kept fading out.

So far she's had the yellow eyes re-done twice and they're still pretty faded and this tat is only about a year old.

Maybe something to discuss with your artist.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.