Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Myeloma

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Dame, I need a pretty green photo.Smile

Linda, Is your leg okay? Loved that Friday was cloudy and windy so you went shopping.

Kicks, are you staying out of trouble? Bet not!!! Dishwasher is a Whirlpool but is not hooked up yet. Had to get a valve or something fixed. Thank goodness for son. Went and looked at your washer/dryer. Beautiful. That is my next project.

Shosh, been fighting with my city over our water supply. This started in Dec. when the EPA required a pipe to come out of the underground reservoir. I call it a cannon.Smile I could smell chlorine and it went from there. I always thought it was our food and environment that caused issues, didn't think about the water.

Newberry, are you working today? Think green.

Love to All!!!

Super Contributor

Linda, you are THERE!!!!! WOWZA, WOWZA, WOWZA, I am SO THERE WITH YA in spirit, You GO GIRL!!! I am so happy for you -- enjoy every single moment!!!!

Hey Mocha, so glad you looked at "my" washer and dryer, oh yes, if it IS possible to "love" a washer and dryer, I truly do, LOL. So good to hear from you, so good!!!!

Newberry, thanks so much for checking in, always good to hear from you in ANY way, shape or form!!!

Shosh, I finally went to the doctor today because of a very nasty cold/flu I cannot shake which I believe I got at the chemo center because I have not been anywhere else. He prescribed an antibiotic and it cautions in the directions to be sure to drink plenty of water while taking it, so of course I thought of you!! I will for sure do that!! I was pleased to find out the drug just got a generic, so it was ONLY $114 for FIVE pills. Yes. I would hate to have had to pay for the brand name drug!!! Oh well.

Dame, I hope you are keeping up with things and everything is going OK for you. Keeping looking up, I know you will!!

Well, got to go. Hope everyone is doing well. XOXO

edited to add: Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

In Sunny AZ
Regular Contributor

Dame,

I find myself thinking about you all the time. It is unlike you not to post. Are you okay, I am worried.

M

Regular Contributor

Kicks,

Did you get well with your expensive med?Smile Isn't $114 for 5 pills just horrible? It would have been cheaper just to go with the chocolate. My cure all for everything.

How is DH doing with chemo? I didn't realize until my DH was falling all the time that chemo could be given in lesser doses and spread out farther between doses. DH only had 13 and it almost killed him.

You are such a silly lady and I just love you.

M

Frequent Contributor

mocha Kiss

sometimes dame posts on other threads, so if you click on her name, you can check her 'activity' and read those posts, fyi, if you didn't know. she has her hands more than full it seems, been sick also, and gotten a new computer i think! i really don't know how she does it. [and she needs to slow down ! i worry about her too, she is between a rock and a hard place for sure]

yeah doublep works, and i use it before going out in the car also- there's always something in there , and it's best to go before you really have to, cause by then you can't wait ! i inherited my 'know it all ness' from my mother, and my son seems to have gotten it from me. you can imagine our gatherings....{#emotions_dlg.scared}

you need a water filter ! my dd uses a pur on her faucet, and a sprite on her shower head, she lives in that shower. you can smell the chlorine walking into her apt, gives me an instant headache. urban areas esp have that issue, you absorb that stuff through your skin too. not good ! we have a well, no chlorine, just good old dirt.

hope you are enjoying your new appliances!

linda may be getting home soon, hope she had a swell time after her rocky start.

4kicks

did dh begin chemo already? hoping it was a situation where he had time yet to wait, sometimes they find this way before they want to start treatment.

what the heck kind of antibiotic was that ? vancomycin? heroin is cheaper, no joke. you guys try to take care not to catch things, whenever possible. anything you can do to build good health and avoid illnesses can only help. it is worth the extra trouble i think, tho i just had a dr appt and she was sick ! i am po'd after all the cautions i take,and places i don't go- so hoping i will escape this, she was hacking the whole time! {#emotions_dlg.glare}.

don't forget also you both need good, consistant hydration, every day- esp when on meds, it greatly increases their efficacy and reduces side effects. drs should push that concept more, it would help alot, but they are busy pushin the pills. chemo patients are esp prone to this.

hello newberry, hope things are ok for you.

homebody, how are you ? hoping they get a handle on this for you, you have been through way too much already, i recall you back from the old cancer thread.

> we are frozen-snowy- warm- cold- all over the place here in nj, hoping this weeks snow will be the end. the only bad thing about spring coming is all the outdoor chores, that don't end til november...Cool

Regular Contributor

Hi Shosh,

When I flipped out over the smell of chlorine my son rushed out and bought me the PUR water filter. Thanks for the info on the shower head. I would love to get the Pelican system but it is over $2,000 I think. Someone from the water dept. told my son they were going to be adding more chlorine to the water supply and they figured it would only kill one more person from cancer. Nice huh?

Thanks for info on Dame. I found her so I can quit worrying.

When it is not raining, outdoor chores have started here. Three years of not doing much in my yard has created such a mess. Children want me to hire it done but gardening has always been my thing. I am going back to more evergreen plants like when my children were young. I had no time then and now I am just getting old I guess. HA! HA! I will keep my two types of white Phlox. When they bloom they fill my whole front yard. Neighbors have described then as clouds, heaven etc. They really are beautiful. I like white as in a midnight garden, they show up at night.

Always fun to hear from you and thanks again for the tip on how to find Dame.Smile

Frequent Contributor

ahhh mocha-

which person ? ask the water company who chooses the one...{#emotions_dlg.blink}

the sprite filter goes on the shower head, from lowes/home depot type stores. must follow package directions, they tell you about running hot water thru it first, you'll see, ...but supposed to be very good and is simple.

yeah, all the environmental chemicals seep into the water, then they add even more, then we drink it up....Wink

gardening , yes that will be so good...but if there is heavy work, try to get someone else to do it, then do the stuff that is not such a strain. dh has been trying to do that now for years, just not worth an injury. and there is always plenty of stuff left to do.

yes evergreens, gives us something to see all year round, we planted lots. i have a newer wee andromeda, app 1' high at maturity, want to get some more. pricey, but great little border plant.

do you have deer eating plants tho ? i forget again what state you live in.

we often get mildew with phlox, even the resistant ones.

but 1 random phlox plant we put in app 10 yrs ago- gets over 6' high, about 3 ' wide- and never mildews at all. we have to tie it up to a trellis to keep it from falling over in heavy rain. fuchsia color, the butterflies love it. have no idea what kind it is.

new orders: enjoy your gardening -don't hurt yourself, and don't forget your water bottle! i love to hear about your plants.{#emotions_dlg.sleep}

Regular Contributor

Shosh,

I am in Washington state.

I am very careful when I water the Phlox so I won't get mildew. Last year DH took it upon himself to water them and they did look yucky. I actually cut them down early because the leaves were so dried looking. Phlox remind me of my childhood so I guess that is why I love them.

My new favorite plant this year is a Lingonberry bush. If you can find the jam (my grocery store carries it), it is very expensive but so good. I think it comes from Denmark. Rumor has it IKEA carries it but I haven't been there. Originally I had it on Swedish pancakes and loved it. The berries are suppose to be good for you but you know how that goes.Smile

Regular Contributor

Dame,

Didn't read all of your posts but wanted you to know I do have my Grandma's wringer/washer in my garage. It use to drive DH crazy. I think I kept it so my children could see how easy their life had become with washers and dryers.

My Mom never had a dryer so we always hung our clothes. Sheets in the summer drying outside, just the best smell.

Please take care of yourself. I miss you.

Regular Contributor

Linda.

I want to see pictures when you get home. Please, please, please.Smile

It seems like I am once again the keeper of the neighborhood. Next door family is in Costa Rica for a month. Her emails are hysterical. Other neighbor is in Palm Springs for 2 months. Both call or email to check on me. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends here on the forum and caring neighbors who are friends.