Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Myeloma

March is Multiple Myeloma Awareness Month. Praying for a cure.

Regular Contributor

and that would be our Linda.Hi to Mocha-Newberry-Kicks-Shosh and Joyce.

Newberry--Did you do okay with all the rain out there? Geesh what a mess some areas had!

Kicks--How's everything going with you?

Love & Hope & peace--Dame

Super Contributor

Thanks to EVERYONE for all the good wishes, just got back from an almost week long trip to TX and wowza, it was a very good thing I was driving on Sunday when the temp suddenly dove down to 17 degrees and it started sleeting and was an absolutely nightmare on the expressway. The reason I say it was a good thing I was driving is that I SLOW DOWN in bad weather. There were many accidents and I saw many people just pulled off the road trying to clear their windshields.

DH ended up with a cold which I hope doesn't progress to anything worse since we see the hematologist next Monday to see if he starts the round of chemo and I don't know if that will happen if the cold worsens. "Fortunately" I don't know a lot about chemo. He is fortunate in that there is only one type of chemo they treat his cancer with and it is normally very effective with his type of cancer.

Homebody, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. (((Linda))) I hope you are feeling better VERY VERY soon and are able to make it to your long awaited (well, a year anyway) trip!!!!!! Dame, I pray you get stronger each and every day, but then I am sure you know that!!! Mocha, always think of you and hope you are finding some joy in each and every day. Big Hugs to all You Ladies!!!!!

In Sunny AZ
Regular Contributor

Hey Kicks--So glad you were driving and slowed down!That's the biggest and sometimes the only thing you can do with snow and ice! He's fortunate to have you! I hope your appointment on Monday goes well. I'll be saying a little prayer for you friend.

Hi to Mocha--What are you up to these days? I need to find some new good chocolate--any suggestions?

Hi Newberry~Miss you but I know you're working hard. How are your son's doing? Are they both living at home now? I've thought of you often with all the rain. Everything okay with you?

Hi Shosh! Just saying Hi as I know you only get a little time here and there.

You're in my prayers Joyce--actually you and your DH are there.

Hi Linda! Almost that magic time. T & C here we come!

Love & hope & blessings--Dame

Super Contributor

Newberry, just wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to you, was thinking about you, and didn't name you in my post and felt badly about it. Been just a little stressed lately!!! How are you doing?? Isn't it nice to live somewhere WARM??!!!

Hugs to all -- Enjoy your Thursday and hope the weekend coming up is a good one -- talked to one of my brothers who is in Michigan and the temp is -0- makes me feel "almost" guilty!!!!

In Sunny AZ
Super Contributor

And thanks so MUCH Dame, for that beautiful, beautiful sunshiny pic with the BIG, BIG green trees!!!! I LOVED it, we have NOTHING like THAT in Arizona!

Hugs and prayers for YOU, Sweetie!!!!

Keep looking UP!! I know you will.

In Sunny AZ
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

Sitting here waiting for Home Depot to deliver appliances for the kitchen. Frig stopped working and made a mess. Ordered new stove and dishwasher too. Yes, you all remember right I asked about washing machines and dryers. I needed a dryer. Did I buy a dryer yet. No.Smile

Kicks, how are you and hubby doing? DH's bone marrow biopsy went okay too. It sure makes a difference who performs a procedure. Chemo???

Dame, I still don't know how you do it all. Somedays I feel like I accomplish nothing.

Shosh, double p does work. HA! HA! How do you know all the info you know? Son's 35 year old girlfriend (they were high school sweethearts) went in for another test for breast cancer today. More tests Monday. Her Mom, my friend got breast cancer at 38 and died of ovarian cancer so there is a huge concern because of family history.

Linda, I need pictures of you sitting on the beach. I am so jealous.

Newberry, I hope you are not working too hard. Do you have to spend nights like you did before?

Some days I just can't get it together but please know I think of all of you daily.

Love,

Mocha

Super Contributor

Well, I declare, the frig goes out, so that means you need a new stove and dishwasher?! Well, of course it does!!! They all MUST match, right?? Right!!!! You GO, Girl!!!! Please let me know what kind of dishwasher you got and how you like it 'cuz I am thinking about one of those, but just THINKING at this point. I LOVE my plain old side by side Whirlpool frig!!!

More later, gotta go!!!

Mocha, so good to see ya!!!!!

In Sunny AZ
Regular Contributor

Hi all, Turks and Caicos sure beats Pittsburgh!! Long winter. Trip started off with the edge of the escalator at airport in Pittsburgh cutting one leg and scraping and bruising the other when I dropped my passport. TSA was a great help. Good flights and in the 80's. Friday was cloudy and windy so no beach--went shopping. Car battery died but we happened to be across the street from rental place so that was an easy fix. We have no cell service but a nice shop owner who knows me from the past let us call. Today was a great day. Water 78 degrees so only put my toe in. Last year we went in April and water was 85. Am looking forward to the full moon tomorrow. It's nice being with another couple and seeing this beautiful place through their excited eyes. The aqua colored water is breath taking. I am drinking down my strawberry daiquiris for medicinal purposes of course! Thinking about all of you every day. Put on those capes and come join me. ~Linda~

Regular Contributor

Hi all so sorry to be MIA but working way to much again. Sending my best to everyone and you have been in my prayers and thoughts.