Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Myeloma

I went and bought a heart-shaped pizza for tomorrow. Also, some flowers. What does everyone else have planned for tomorrow? Happy early Valentine's Day. I love all of you.

Regular Contributor

The sons and I celebrated today....first we went to a boy movie...Robocop.. I actually enjoyed it which suprised me. Then lunch at Red Lobster for their lobster feast, yummy. I did buy myself a large bunch of very fragrent white lilies.

Happy Valentine's day everyone {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Regular Contributor

To Donna, lovestoteach, TexasMom, mama mia, beammeupscottie, JaneMaple, pistolino, leeshare, dmod nj (is this a new you Donna?)Smile and viwanton,

I hope I got everyone's name right. I am sorry to be so late in responding to each of you. Thank you so much for caring and taking the time to post to me. I truly appreciate all the wonderful people on this board. I hope all of you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Love, Mocha

Regular Contributor

Newberry,

Do you think we got ditched and they left together on vacation without us?Smile Linda did recently mention the capes.Smile

Super Contributor

HEY MOCHA Happy Valentines Day to YOU and also all the other VERY FINE LADIES here!!! You are all THE BEST!!!! So good to see you!!!

We finally actually MADE it to the hematologist's office ON TIME yesterday for the appointment and now have a bone marrow biopsy scheduled for Monday the 17th. Hopefully that will tell us something and we will know if it is actually MDS that DH has or what is causing his very low WBC and RBC numbers.

Apparently Tom Brokaw has been diagnosed with MM for at least 6 months. I am quite surprised the news hasn't come out until just now, the way things get out, amazing. I wonder if that was around the time he had that accident where someone was killed, I recall that, but only a vague recollection. I've always liked him.,

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, hope you are all doing well. Things have been busy here. First we were going to move, then we weren't, now we are just trying hard AGAIN to simplify. Seem like I am busier than I EVER was when I was working!!! Valentine HUGS to all!!!

In Sunny AZ
Regular Contributor

Dame, Linda, Shosh,

I always watch the weather report and it seems like the forecast has been snow, snow, snow forever for the East coast. Pictures look horrible. Are you okay? Dp you have power? I am nervous that we haven't heard from you guys in days.

Regular Contributor

4KICKS,

Good luck tomorrow. I hope all goes well with the bone marrow biopsy. I sure will be thinking of the two of you.

My DH didn't drive me anywhere for decades. It was always me driving. It started years ago when I told him to go to the outside lane and he went to the inside lane. Then he totaled our car filled with his 3 carpool buddies by making a left in front of an oncoming car. It was enough for me to take over at the wheel. Two of his buddies also felt life was too precious to let DH drive them again. One guy stuck with DH for years, I think it was because DH got free parking. HA! HA!

Why were you going to move and to where? Simplify is a good word, it sure beats me saying I am trying to dig out of this mess.Smile

Regular Contributor

Newberry,

Any pearl shows in your future?

Youngest daughter starts a new job Tuesday. She had quit her last job a couple weeks after DH died because they were nasty about her being gone for 4 days when he died. She had all of her work done. I kept pushing her to quit because their meanness was just unacceptable. Some people have NO compassion.

How is the new job? Do you like it? I need more info.

Trusted Contributor

Linda, it has been reported that newscaster, Tom Brokow has the same cancer you have. Have you heard this? How are you my friend? I miss you. Take care and God bless you.

Regular Contributor

Bobbisue, thank you for stopping by. I think about you so much and hope 2014 is healthier for you than last year. I saw the news about Tom Brokaw. Very sad. I hope his treatment gives him many good years.

Mocha, hey friend. While we have had snow on the ground for over a month, the really bad ones went up the coast and the mountains kept it away from Pittsburgh. Remind me of this when it is 85 degrees and 100% humidity so I don't whine too much.

Washer died and had to get new one. Cancelled delivery twice because of ice build up on the driveway. Ken wen out and over two days salted and chipped a path for the guys to bring the washer down back and into the cellar from the garage. Did our first load and put it in the dryer, which was dead. So back to the store and have one scheduled for delivery Weds. Hope snow and ice tonight doesn't mess that up. Supposed to hit 40's and maybe 50 by the weekend. Expensive laundry adventure.

Stay warm everyone. Linda