Super Contributor

Re: Multiple Myeloma

((Linda))) How did everything go??? How are you doing??? Getting lots of rest, I hope!!!! I am sorry it took me so long to get back here, I have been swamped but should have been back, I promise I will be back sooner to check and see if you have been here!!!!

I am good, DH goes in for a CAT scan of the brain next week to check for Hydrocephalus, as Parkinson's has now been ruled out for him. His neurologist knows he has something and he has been on a drug for that for quite some time. But now he went off and the symptoms have really not changed, so it is back to the drawing board!!

Check in when you can!!!

Hello to everyone!!!!

In Sunny AZ
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dubll2011

linda please let us know how you are, when you can  Heart

@Mocha1717

the other ladies are giving us some info - i want to know what you are up to? something good i hope.Woman Happy

@4Kicks

oh what next?! have they considered the chemo or any other meds/health issue as a cause for this 'brain' problem? it seems 'they' are continually adding to the list of chemo long term side effects.

a friend of ours was told by 1 dr he had parkinsons, but a diff dr said the  symptoms were from a bp med he was taking for some time, and that should have been the first consideration. he said it may or may not improve after changing meds, sometimes there is damage. there are too many things to go wrong with our bodies!Woman Frustrated

@MKR NY

hope your  sister responds well to her treatments. it seems mm sneaks up on people- some folks have reasons to 'expect' developing heart or blood sugar issues, but who expects mm?Woman Surprised

>>  tigger for linda:

Image result for ''tigger image'' 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regular Contributor

Had my third treatment yesterday with Darzalex. Glad I have the port in. I get it weekly with a steroid, then reduce the schedule if it works. Takes longer than normal to find out if it works. Takes around 6 hours from start to finish. My myeloma went from low risk to high risk with a low survival rate over a period of 3 months. I have 2 gene deletions and 2 gene additions, bad news. I am ever hopeful since I had a low survival rate back in 2004 when this started. More meds are available. Between the treatment and the steroid I have serious fatigue, but considering the alternative.....I'll take it. This trip through myeloma has been an adventure. Another side effect I'm seeing is a dropping white blood count. Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone. I, for one, have much to be grateful about.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Love to All

Regular Contributor

Hey Mocha, I'm still above the grass. The drug I started back in Nov. is going well. I now am on 4 months of every other week. I was tired at first but now I feel like the energizer bunny. It worked fast. By my second infusion all my myeloma blood work results showed big drops. I think my bad fatigue came from the Revlimid I was on for 8 years. So on I go, thankful to be here after 14 years from the beginning. My hubby is well. We both have diabetes, but his got out of control and he is now on insulin. How are you? This winter has not been bad in southwest PA but has gone on forever. Hope anyone that checks this forum is well. Linda 

Frequent Contributor

@dubll2011

so good to hear your update, may things continue to go 'well'. let us know.Heart

@Mocha1717

what are you up to? Woman Wink

@4Kicks

@newberry   hoping you ladies are well too.Woman Very Happy

not much new here, hanging in there. lots of snow, ice, then today may go up to 70, than back to icy rain tomorrow. cuckoo nj weather as usual.

mom fell 2 months ago, so keeping preoccupied with her stuff.  keeps my mind off of all the stuff i should be doing here, and gives me an almost valid excuse !

we didn't get to have anyone here for the fall/winter holidays, decided it was too bad of a flu season to risk it. last year i paid the price for having company, so....Woman Tongue

Spoiler
Spoiler
ooops- idk how to get rid of this now. and i got no secret spoliers to share!
Regular Contributor

Shosh your spoiler is too funny! I am down and out with horrible bronchitis. Can't have my chemo tomorrow. At least I tested negative for the flu.

Hope everyone has avoided the flu.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dubll2011

aaacccckkkk! linda !

hope you are on the mend, it's been a banner year for viral infections!

yeah, the mm can wait-

hope you beat that virus asap-

whatever you have to do to help your body fight it is your priority. everything and everybody else has to wait.

way too many 'healthy' folks having 'complications', so you need to really pamper yourself!

let us know...Heart

Regular Contributor

Just checked this today after a month or so. The bronchitis is gone and I am recovering from my cataracts removed 2 weeks apart. Have to wait at least a month for new glasses. Since my glasses are unlined bifocals the only part I can see out is the bottom which was my close up correction. My Dr gave me a pair of cheapie glasses to help but they are bright purple. I wore them drive then put on my other glasses to shop. Chemo is going well. Have it every other week through April, then once a month as long as it works.