Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Multiple Myeloma

Hi All,

Do any of you know someone that has been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma? I am up to my ears in medical info but would appreciate any personal experiences you have had with this type of cancer. Thanks in advance. Mocha

Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Myeloma

Happy New Year to everyone! Can't get the graphics to cooperate but I want you all to know how much I ""ditto"" what our Newberry said! We've had a bit of a tough go this year but here's saying a prayer and sending my very best wishes to each of you!

Love to Mocha-Linda-Newberry-Kicks-Shosh and our other posters!

Love & hope & peace--Dame

Regular Contributor

Had a quiet New Year's Eve. Wrote a tongue in cheek family newsletter for my sibs and started it with: It was the best of years, it was the worst of years. That covers it. I realized it was in 2004 that my doctor said I had an elevated protein that could indicate multiple myeloma. I couldn't imagine living ten years--yet here I am and very grateful. Sending hope for a good New Year for all who read and/or post here.

Linda

Tried to post a Tigger picture but it won't come through. I'd rather be a Tigger than an Eeyore!!!

Regular Contributor

Can't copy and paste tonight but wanted to say hi! Kicks and Newberry so glad you are in warmer climates. The Northeast is one big icebox tonight! I know Linda and Mocha are also in the frigid stuff so wanted to say ""stay warm"". Mocha how are you doing these days? Miss posting with you friend. Come back when you can? My best to all and STAY WARM! Hi Shosh!

Love & Hope & Blessings-Dame

Regular Contributor

Tomorrow is my 3 month check with my oncologist. As usual feeling anxiety. I need to discuss the progressing side effects of the Revlimid which I am starting my fifth year using. I don't know where three months went!!
Regular Contributor

Geez is it that time already? Linda you will be just fine. Only routine tests. Good to hear from you and let us know how it goes. I will be thinking of you.

Lots of changes for me this past month. My little lady took a turn and passed she was almost 92. I have found another job rather quickly so I am thrilled but not thrilled. I decided that I am not going to work the long hours like I did before. I am going to learn to say no and have a life. Changes...so we will see how it all goes.

Regular Contributor

Hi newberry, I am sorry to hear about your lady. Glad you found a new person and good for you deciding to spend less time on it. Begin as you mean to go as the saying goes. Will post results tomorrow. Linda
Regular Contributor

Hi Linda,

You know I am always with you and tomorrow will be good news and we will be doing our usual happy dance. I love you!!!

Regular Contributor

Dear Mocha, I knew you would check in. My results are stable. We are using the Revlimid every 3 days to use it up and see how it effects my side effects. We'll decide in April what the best options are for me then.Trying to be the living face of multiple myeloma and blood cancers here. Wooooooo Hoooooooooo.
Super Contributor

Linda, we could not POSSIBLY have anyone any better as our LOVELY POSTER GIRL!!!!!! So thank you SO MUCH for volunteering!!! The photographers will be there in the morning!!!! You are the BEST!!!!

Seriously, I am SO GLAD to read the GOOD NEWS!!!!! And HELLO MOCHA, please try to fill us in a little more on what is going on with you next time you pop in, pretty please??? We care, we truly do.

Hope you all are doing well, I am and we go to see the hematologist for the yearly blood results later this month, so I will let you know how HE is doing. Talked with my Mother in Michigan and she says the snow is falling -- it is lovely here in AZ, so I am hoping wherever you are, you are all doing OK!!!!

Hugs!!!!

In Sunny AZ