Esteemed Contributor

Re: Multicolor Squirrel, the Giant Malabar in India

My husband always teases me when I say squirrels are cute. Hé claims they are rats with good PR. I like the black squirrels in Canada but these muticolored rodents definitely win the beautiful squirrel contest.

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne   They sure are funny to watch, aren't they?  A street near me is named Ohio St. and is completely lined with Buckeye trees, so you can imagine how many squirrels are around here.  Unfortunately, they often want the nuts on the other side of the street, which can lead to tragedy.

For years I had a big ash tree right outside my office window, and there were a couple squirrels that used to chase each other up and down it, which was a nice diversion from looking at my computer screen.  We even have a couple black squirrels around there.  Unfortunately, that tree became the victum of the Emerald Ash Borer beetle, and had to be removed last year.  I really miss it!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Wow, what a beautiful squirrel.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  @bootsanne  Thanks for your kind posts & sorry for my tardy reply.

Respected Contributor

India's a colorful place! 

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Marp wrote:

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/04/1862/1048/multi-colored-squirrel-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Where the ____ is @mistriTsquirrel ?  She's gotta see this! Woman LOL

@just bee   We in the squirrel community refer to these guys as rainbow hippie squirrels.  Is maybe not so politically correct to call them that though.  Smiley Embarassed

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Occasional Contributor

@Marp wrote:

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/04/1862/1048/multi-colored-squirrel-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Wow.

Doesn't even look real. How pretty!

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Where the ____ is @mistriTsquirrel ?  She's gotta see this! Woman LOL

@just bee   We in the squirrel community refer to these guys as rainbow hippie squirrels.  Is maybe not so politically correct to call them that though.  Smiley Embarassed

@mistriTsquirrel 

Perhaps it would be more PC to refer to them as "batiks." Woman Wink

batik

Definitely a resemblance.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~