Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

He was from Louisville, KY originally. I went to college there. They had renamed one of the downtown streets Muhammad Ali Blvd. He was too young to die.

So many diseases that need cures. We are so early in the age of genetics. Hopefully, eventually they will come up with cures for these infirmities. Don't know what they can do for heads that continually take bashing though like in boxing and football. I guess they are working on that. I hope he left his brain to science.

RIP, Muhammad.

Repeated head blows do not cause parkinsons disease .

@151949- actually it does.  He was diagnosed with pugilistic Parkinsons at Columbia Presbyterian in NYC three years after retirement.  After, at Mayo clinic researchers stated most likely repeat blows to the head could be  related to Parkinsons but  it was believed that it triggered early degenerative changes that may have occurred later in life anyways.  Many boxers developed Altzheimers or dementia after traumatic brain injury but Ali was one of few with Parknsons.... 

Esteemed Contributor

The Supreme Court of the United States ruled in Muhammad Ali's favor, so It appears they had the final say.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

He was from Louisville, KY originally. I went to college there. They had renamed one of the downtown streets Muhammad Ali Blvd. He was too young to die.

So many diseases that need cures. We are so early in the age of genetics. Hopefully, eventually they will come up with cures for these infirmities. Don't know what they can do for heads that continually take bashing though like in boxing and football. I guess they are working on that. I hope he left his brain to science.

RIP, Muhammad.

@151949- actually it does.  He was diagnosed with pugilistic Parkinsons at Columbia Presbyterian in NYC three years after retirement.  After, at Mayo clinic researchers stated most likely repeat blows to the head could be  related to Parkinsons but  it was believed that it triggered early degenerative changes that may have occurred later in life anyways.  Many boxers developed Altzheimers or dementia after traumatic brain injury but Ali was one of few with Parknsons.... 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

It was was estimated that he took 29,000 blows to the head. 29,000.

Excuse the pun but that diagnosis is a no-brainer.

Esteemed Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:
I've noticed a pattern. Anyone else?

YOU are SO very OBSERVANT.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Yep.

Thanks for the acknowledgement  and validation @KALLIE!

Esteemed Contributor

I saw on several news programs that the funeral will be next Friday. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Muhammad Ali is Dead

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

RIP, Muhammad.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

It was was estimated that he took 29,000 blows to the head. 29,000.

Excuse the pun but that diagnosis is a no-brainer.

And reports from numerous doctors say the Parkinson's was caused by those repeated blows.

Honored Contributor

Reports tonight say Bill Clinton will give a eulogy at the funeral.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Reports tonight say Bill Clinton will give a eulogy at the funeral.

Billy Crystal too, they were good friends.  Who would have put those two together?  Both are nice people.

Honored Contributor

I honestly didn't read or know about all the accomplishments Muhammad did outside the boxing ring. 

Anything that is done for the good of mankind is admirable.

That said, I'm a conscientious objector of some of the SCOTUS rulings of those times.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

RIP, Muhammad.

I'm a firm believer that they will someday prove that extensive trauma to the body if not actually causing some of these conditions, brings it on sooner/worse and exacerbates the conditions.