Frequent Contributor

Which do you prefer using - Mr. Rebates or Ebates?
I read that Ebates have changed their name but I've not researched that info, so I may be incorrect.

Thank you as always,

Sunshineflower

Trusted Contributor

i usually use Mr.Rebates because rates have been better than those on Ebates (Rakuten).

Super Contributor

Re: Mr. Rebates or Ebates

[ Edited ]

They changed it to the parent company Rakuten at the beginning of the year. Before it would say, "eBates a Rakuten Company" in the logo. I like eBates but, I rarely use it since I mainly online shop here. 1% back isn't worth the hassle of loging in there, and shopping through them when I'm already here.

I've wanted to try other companies but, they all seem the same with the small payout.

Honored Contributor

@sunshineflower   I use both depending just on who offers a better rebate for where I am shopping.   I get  checks from both of them. 

Super Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

They changed it to the parent company Rakuten at the beginning of the year. Before it would say, "eBates a Rakuten Company" in the logo. I like eBates but, I rarely use it since I mainly online shop here. 1% back isn't worth the hassle of loging in there, and shopping through them when I'm already here.

I've wanted to try other companies but, they all seem the same with the small payout.

rates can change daily.  You can downolad an extension to your browser that will always remind you to activate your cash back.  It has been well worth it for me to use Ebates.  I am up to over $800 in rebates the past few years.  It adds up quickly so why not just do it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Rebates or Ebates

[ Edited ]

I have been using rebate sites since 2007. They all operate virtually in the same manner. The key for me is to find the one offering the highest amount back at the time and place of my purchase. So, I use Mr Rebates, Rakuten, Extrabux, Be Frugal and Top Cash Back, and just check each site before I make my purchase. I can tell you that as a whole Top Cash Back offers the highest payouts. Rakuten offers the best customer service. 

Honored Contributor

I use Ebates exclusively.  They have the browser button and I don't have to remember to go through their sight or to periodically ask for a check.

I don't bother to use it here, the amount back is laughable and not worth the aggravation of having to keep track to see if you did get it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I use Ebates aka Rakuten and Shop At Home.  Whichever has the better percent off at the time of purchase.  Lately, that has been Shop At Home for QVC.  

Someone mentioned the App to remind you.  I only shop through my computer, not my mobile devices.  I had the extension installed to do that and it turns out it interfered with another site I was trying to use.  Took me awhile to figure out what the problem was.  So, I ad to disable the extension, at least for now.  

Honored Contributor

I can also tell you I stopped using Shop at Home a few years ago, terrible CS and very low rates. I no longer buy from the Q, so their rates on the Q are not of interest to me. 

Honored Contributor

i use mr rebates, ebates, topcashback, and retailmenot for rebates and to search for coupon codes.

over the years i have used mr rebates the most.....and have received a nice chunk of change back since 2006!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein