Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Rebates Cash Back is Now 3% for QVC

On 11/21/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 11/21/2014 LipstickDiva said:

What is in it for Mr. Rebates to offer this service? Or any rebate site for that matter?

not sure if mr rebates operates the same way, but i belong to a coupon/sale site where if you click through to the merchant for the offer they get some type of compensation for you clicking through. i am thinking that mr rebates operates in a similar way.

I use ShopDiscover for just about everything I purchase online.

Just get the order ready, log out of the website, and log into ShopDiscover.

In this case, it's probably to encourage use of Discover and also, as sunshine45 said, no doubt the participating merchants receive some sort of benefit.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

That's interesting, dooB, but the list of retailers listed on the ShopDiiscover site are rather limited.
Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 tansy said: That's interesting, dooB, but the list of retailers listed on the ShopDiiscover site are rather limited.

I know, tansy, it is a limited list. They do update it, the percentages change from time to time, and most of the sites I use are included in the list. I've been pleased with it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Okay, thanks. I looked for a few of my favorites and they weren't on the listSmiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Are the retailers much different from Mr. Rebates and ebates? Do most people sign up for both? Geez, took me forever to not have that change to Debates.
Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 tansy said: Okay, thanks. I looked for a few of my favorites and they weren't on the listSmiley Happy

Aw, that's too bad. Well, always good to check now and then. I wish they'd send email notifications when they change the list. Maybe I'll submit that as a suggestion, although they probably have a reason they don't already do this.

Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 chickenbutt said:

I remember when it was 3% for quite a while, then it went up to 5%. But I don't watch it closely. QVC is the only retailer for which it's a major pain to even GET the rebate on my MrRebates account. I have never figured out why that is, but it works great for every other retailer on the planet.

That's weird, chickenbutt. QVC is the one rebate confirmation I receive immediately. The Sephora one (for 8%) took forever and then suddenly popped upl. I've missed a lot of money over the years.

Respected Contributor

I have a terrible habit of not checking to make sure my rebate went thru.....I've probably lost out on a lot of cash because of that. :-(

I need to start being more diligent about it again.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Topaz Gem said:
On 11/21/2014 Lotus~ said:

Sorry TG....didn't see this.

No problem! This just proves that great minds do think alike.

And love a great deal!!!!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 tansy said:
On 11/21/2014 chickenbutt said:

I remember when it was 3% for quite a while, then it went up to 5%. But I don't watch it closely. QVC is the only retailer for which it's a major pain to even GET the rebate on my MrRebates account. I have never figured out why that is, but it works great for every other retailer on the planet.

That's weird, chickenbutt. QVC is the one rebate confirmation I receive immediately. The Sephora one (for 8%) took forever and then suddenly popped upl. I've missed a lot of money over the years.

If it 'takes' I get an email pretty quickly, but the ones that don't take just drop into space. I even stopped using IE, for QVC orders, disabled the AdBlock Plus, and made sure that I see that MrRebates banner on the QVC website when I get there. Still doesn't work about 75% of the time. I don't order that much from QVC anymore and, for a while, I would keep track but I pretty much lost track lately.

I should go through my Q orders and compare it to what's on my MrR account. I've ordered a few things in the last month or so and have only gotten credit for one of them.