Respected Contributor

Re: Mr Markle agrees to an interview with

he apparently needs money.  his children should get over their squabbles and take care of him.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

You would have thought after all the backlash from the staged photo shoot he would have learned a lesson.  Obviously not.   And if he needed the money I hope it was for a good cause.  If Megan and Harry have nothing to do with him the press should leave him alone since he won't have any inside scoop about their lives.  Unless he makes it up or wants to do "poor me", "woe is me" interviews.

Honored Contributor

He cannot agree to the interview if the interview was not offered.  He may be making a quick buck out of it but so is the venue publishing the interview.

Ratings people.  Ratings.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

I don't think Mr. Markle is the bad guy here. I put it squarely on the Prince & the Duchess. That Harry has only spoken to him on the phone and has not met his FIL face to face, man to man, is disgraceful.

The man is clearly broke and with as poorly as he's been treated by both Harry and his daughter, is it really shocking he does what he can to make a few bucks? Prior to the wedding when Harry said, "the Royals are the family she never had," I was appalled at the cruelty of that one sentence. Yes, her family is clearly dysfunctional (as many of ours are), but she does have a family and many of them (dad included) seem to love her very much. I get the feeling she's ashamed of them and I say shame on her.

Lastly, somehow I doubt the Royals have reached out to give him any kind of protocol lessons. I'm sure The Firm has more rules and regs than the EPA and how would an American "commoner" even begin to navigate them? Her family got thrown into the deep end of the pool for Meghan's fairytale come true and they certainly weren't prepared for it.

Your way off base, he is her father, in that there is responsabilitys in that , he is after the spotlight,and money.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

If I were him I would have held out for a million dollars for a good "Tell All" 

Respected Contributor

What kind of father knowingly harms his daughter? In my opinion, only a lowlife would do what he is doing. No matter how Harry or the royals treat him, Harry isn’t his child, Meghan is.

And no one has to accept what someone is offering. 

Frequent Contributor

I feel for Meghan (Duchess of Sussex).  Unfortunately, she has no control over what her crazy relatives do, despite the warnings issued specifically to her father to not engage the press (I read this somewhere - assuming it's true, but who knows).

After Mr. Markle's interview with GMB was broadcast, I had a conversation with my mom about family antics.  Although it's doubtful that I will ever be in a relationship with a public figure, nonetheless a prince, I guarantee that if that were to happen (putting myself in Meghan's shoes), some of my relatives would not behave well.  Especially on my father's side of the family.

Luckily for me, I'll never have to experience public scrutiny (no prince on the horizon - LOL!).

Valued Contributor

it's not that difficult to solve....pay him a monthly stipend....make him sign a NDA ......make him believe you will sue his  pants off if he violates it and move on........she doesnt want to see him or have her husband meet him but shes gonna have to pay to silence him.....thats just how it goes sometimes....guess that mental illness foundation about understanding and supporting people with "issues" doesnt apply to family ?!?