Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mr Markle agrees to an interview with

@Carol Diane wrote:

CrazyDaisy, he made a fool of himself when he portrayed himself getting ready for the wedding when it wasn't the wedding day....for money. Please....naive, my foot.

You have your opinion and I have mine.  I do not know the man personally.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

First the stepsister, then the stepbrother and now the father trying to cash in on Meghan's popularity.  Very sad and all three of them are pathetic to stoop so low.  You can pick your friends but are stuck with family but you can cut them loose and I hope Meghan does.  Meghan has a wonderful mother.  Meghan did something with her life.  Attended Northwestern University and sought out acting as a career.  She met Harry on a blind date and the rest is history.   Hold your head up, Meghan.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Well the royals have had some embarrassing family members too, so I guess everyone will survive. I agree Mr. Markle should know better, but some family members are wild cards.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I  have not watched his interviews, but I think that the royal family now knows what to expect from him.  Every family, including theirs, has at least one.  I don't think that he will be invited to the Palace anytime soon.  He probably needs the money, so unless the royals start paying him a monthly stipend, I think that they can expect more interviews of him.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I saw it last night, by accident. Don't remember what channel. I read this morning that he was paid ten thousand dollars for the interview. Easy money for maybe ten minutes plus he seemed to really be enjoying himself. He said several very innappropriate things, IMO. He said he gave Harry "permission" to marry Meghan if he "promised to never raise a hand (hit) her." He then went on to state his political opinion and appeared to want to get into it but, thankfully, time didn't allow and the host/interviewer wrapped it up. 

Respected Contributor

Anything for a buck.

Poor Meghan must be mortified.

Honored Contributor

I am certain that when the egagement was announced he was given his "do's and don'ts".  He isn't stupid, he did work in the television industry in a professional capacity for many years.  He's just greedy and selfish and put money over his daughter.  You would think that if he had any character and any dignity he would go to his life and leave Meghan along.

Esteemed Contributor

Daddy Markle sounds like Doria Ragland's (Meghan's mother) biggest mistake. I'm guessing Meghan gets her best attributes from her mother. Daddy Markle needs to go away now. It's time.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poor Meghan, the only blood family that has her back is her mother.  I'm starting to see that the bad apple siblings didn't fall far from the Markle tree. I have no more sympathy for Mr. Markle. He sold out his daughter for profit twice. I can really understand why Prince Harry called his family the family that Meghan never had. 

The Markle family is being exploited and made a fool of by the British press, and inexplicably, they don't even seem to realize it or care. Blinded by the $$ and 15 minutes of fame, I guess. Sad situation for everyone. 

Meghan's dad is cutting his throat with his own tongue, as my grandmother used to say, because his relationship with his daughter will undoubtably suffer. You just don't run your mouth about personal matters where the royal family is concerned. What happens in the palace, stays in the palace. Me thinks Mr. Markle is about to be banished from the kingdom. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Maltichonmom17

Not to hijack the thread, but who is that sweet pup in your Avatar?

Such an adorable face!