Honored Contributor

Re: Mr. Beams wireless spotlights

@x Hedge wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@nw614 are you talking about Evine 463-426?

They are not the same.  Evine's are only 400 lumens; 400 sq ft of lighted area; and detects motion up to 25 ft. away.

QVC TSV's are 450 lumens; 675 sq ft of lighted area; and detects motion up to 36 ft. away.

Of course Evine wants to tell you they are the same, so you can buy theirs. 

Thank you for the quick comparison @Caaareful Shopper

That is a significant difference to me.

@x Hedge Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The difference between 400 and 450 lumens is virtually undetectable by the human eye. The amount of light cast from the 450 lumen light will reach about 7 feet, at most,  farther than the 400 lumen light. 

To me these are not significantly different from one another and imo doesn't warrant the higher price of the 450 lumens set of lights.

The fact remains that they are not the same as the set being sold by Evine, so the OP's complaint isn't valid.  If they were the same, exact set and the price was different, I could understand that.  However, we all have the ability to comparison shop now, so there's really no fair way to accuse QVC of (implied) sharp practice.

It's not like these sold out at midnight.  Everyone had the opportunity to "shop around".

Contributor

Venezia,

Mea Culpa.  I thought they were identical.  Actually I was throwing shade at Mr. Beam, not QVC.  I thought they would have loyalty to one channel.

Honored Contributor

@nw614 wrote:

Venezia,

Mea Culpa.  I thought they were identical.  Actually I was throwing shade at Mr. Beam, not QVC.  I thought they would have loyalty to one channel.

HomeShopper2,

The set that was sold as the TSV is exclusive to QVC until December 31st.

However, these lights are sold in many places (online and retail).