Honored Contributor

Re: Moving threads to another forum

Out of curiosity, @Beth-QVC, why is the gamers forum hidden?

QVC Customer Care

@tansy

The Gamers forum was not designed to be "hidden" BUT the threads started in that forum are long, can go on for an indefinite amount of time and is ONLY for games. There is no "chat" per se but only games. Anyone may join via a request to the MODS so that each poster understands it only has the one purpose.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

I asked that question too, as to why they just don't list it on the left.

Still don't understand. Feel bad for the folks who want to game.

Oh well

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reply, @Beth-QVC.   Since it's not openly listed though, many posters who might enjoy the games don't know it's an option.

Respected Contributor

I don't like posts moved for any reason.

Nor do I like posters telling other posters to move them.

As adults, I don't think we need nit picking in our lives.  The whole "moderator" thing has gotten silly.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure the gamers forum is what everyone thinks it is. I have seen many people ask to be added, but it is the same people playing that have been playing for years. I'm not in there that often, but check sometimes and have never seen any of the new people playing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

As adults, I don't think we need nit picking in our lives.  The whole "moderator" thing has gotten silly.

Hyacinth

I've suggested to posters who appear to be new here that their post may get more replies in another forum.  I don't see that as being rude.

For myself, since the forum changes a while back, I visit several other forums other than the old Viewpoints, which seems like a good thing.

i think the number of forums, especially the sub-forums, should be tightened up and am okay with threads being moved.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003. I've found other forums that have way less moderation. Works for me. They are easy to find.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I'm not sure the gamers forum is what everyone thinks it is. I have seen many people ask to be added, but it is the same people playing that have been playing for years. I'm not in there that often, but check sometimes and have never seen any of the new people playing. 

Sure, @proudlyfromNJ, but do the newer posters even know it exists?  Just for the record, I am not a gamer participant.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Sure, @proudlyfromNJ, but do the newer posters even know it exists?  Just for the record, I am not a gamer participant.  

@tansy. Since this new forum, I have seen quite a few asked to be added and the mods added them.