Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moving threads to another forum

"Technically" shouldn't this thread be moved to Suggestion Box or Q Talk?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Great point, mominohio.  Sometimes I do that indadvertently, but with the paint post, I WAS hoping to get the most amount of input, therefore "Community Chat".

It's great to get a very broad cross-section of opinion on certain topics.  Here's hoping enough people saw/will see that particular one, since I love to get feedback on others' experience with various paints... 

Respected Contributor

If you are friends with someone, couldn't you send them a message to chat with each other in the "Among Friends" forum? Then you wouldn't be subjecting others on Community Chat to your personal chitchat. 

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Sometimes a poster is looking for advice/information/input from a much wider range of posters than can be found in say, holiday or home or jewelry, on a more general subject in that category. 

A thread on favorite paint color was removed to 'Home' when maybe the poster was looking for a broader audience here, for example. 

I know I sometimes post things here specifically because I'm looking for a better cross section of responders than I'll find in the smaller, more defined forums. When the topic is broad enough, I wish they would leave it here, or be more consistent with the 'moving'.

I really don't agree with your request for this question to be left alone and not moved.

It's a request for a paint color.  It belongs in Home. Now seriously, who knows specificiallly what a paint color is named.  Unless one has an entire board of paint colors displayed in their home (unlikely) or has paper paint chips laying around (I don't), no one will really truly give you their opinion.

I'm sure they'll be answers like, blue, light blue, baby blue, navy but those aren't specifically paint colors.  Don't forget each paint manufacturer has their own names too.

I was using that as an example. I didn't even read the thread.

And even at that, sometimes you will get people who have expert experience in an area and can offer much more specific information about a topic, like in this instance someone in interior design who has more to offer than 'blue' etc. 

And with just about any topic, if you are looking for the place where the most people come, and have the most varied opinions, it is this forum. If this is posted in home, it might get 10 -20 replies. If it is here, it might get double or triple that. 

And it isn't like paint color is something that a significant percent of this forum wouldn't have any experience in (like if you asked a specific question about types of medication used to treat a specific illness). Doubt that many people in Community haven't had walls and chosen a paint color/brand/finish at some time. It is kind of a broad topic.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'd prefer an "all or nothing" approach.  Either move all the off-topic threads or leave them alone.  This nit-picking, moving only one or a few threads at a time (when there are so many off-topic threads) makes it look like certain posters or topics are targets.  IMO consistency is best.

I agree, that is what is frustrating.

Honored Contributor

There was a thread that got moved to the "Gamers Forum"...uh, I don't see that listed here. Can someone please point me in that direction?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Marp

LOL ..... yes, it should!   Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Marp

LOL ..... yes, it should!   Woman LOL

or how about Customer Care?

LOL, that's just it...so many topics could apply in multiple forums.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

There was a thread that got moved to the "Gamers Forum"...uh, I don't see that listed here. Can someone please point me in that direction?Smiley Happy

It's a secret handshake forum for some unknown reason.  You need to be allowed in by a mod.  @SilleeMee

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's a secret handshake forum for some unknown reason.  You need to be allowed in by a mod.  @SilleeMee

Really?? That's sounds unusual. Thanks for letting me know @tansy