Respected Contributor

Re: Movies We Love and Can Watch Over, and Over and Over Again!

@Jinlei. We share the same list of favorites.  No kidding, I made a list the other night, and it had _every one_ of your names, plus a few others, e.g. Charles Laughton, Cary Grant, Myrna Loy, Irene Dunne, Judy Holliday, Katharine Hepburn.  I could go on. ☺

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

So many movies to choose from in this thread! Moonstruck (“snap out of it!!), When Harry Met Sally, & Dirty Dancing are the first ones that come to mind. 

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

OLDIES

Moon Over Miami * (Don Ameche and Betty Grable)

Gone With The Wind 

The Major & The Minor * (Ray Milland and Ginger Rogers)

The Long, Long Trailer * (Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz)

Pillow Talk * (Doris Day and Rock Hudson)

The Trouble With Angels * (Roslind Russell and Hayley Mills)

The Hunger Games (all of them)

When Harry Met Sally 

The Devil Wears Prada 

Overboard 

While You Were Sleeping

Leap Year

Sweet Home Alabama

Ever After

Mystic Pizza

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days

@lmt   LOVED Trouble With Angles. Always want to be Susan St. James. She was good in McMillin and Wife and The Name of the Game. Sorry to get off topic.

@panda1234  I love Susan Saint James too, but she wasn't in The Trouble With Angels; she was in the sequel, Where Angels Go Trouble Follows.The sequel wasn't quite as good as the original, but I still liked it.

I love McMillan & Wife, still watch it every Saturday on COZI TV. Loved her in Kate & Allie - I wish they would start airing that show again.

@lmt  Thanks for the correction, I had no idea it was a sequel. I am going to have to go back and watch the original. Amazing what you can learn on the forum. 

Respected Contributor

Interesting lists, nothing from the past five years that I saw. They just don’t make them like they use to. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My all time favorite movie that I could watch over and over would be Casablanca. Also love any movie with Audrey Hepburn (Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s) or Cary Grant ( To Catch a Thief, An Affair to Remember). 

As as far as modern day movies, I’d say Dances With Wolves, The Queen and Fried Green Tomatoes. I love any movie with Jessica Tandy. I managed to catch To Dance With the White Dog over the holiday season, it’s one of my sentimental favorites. 

Honored Contributor

And who doesn't like The Ten Commandments?  It is so phoney in some places, and the acting stiff.  I can almost seeing them walking around on a set...you see shadows, lol.  But hey, it's the Ten Commandments, and it is good telling the story.  I always watch it when on tv.  I still cringe when the slave gets squashed by heavy stones.  Although I doubt Nefertiti had false eyelashes, and lipstick and pointed bras.  But who knows, luckily it was before my time, lol.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Overboard (Goldie Hawn version)

Gladiator

Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley bersion)

Titanic

The Green Mile

Steel Magnolias

Fried Green Tomatoes

Bridges of Madison County