Esteemed Contributor

Movie we saw yesterday was awesome!

DH and I went to see the Man Who Invented Christmas yesterday. Omg, it is so good and I mean "one of" the best movies we have seen in the past few years. Its the story of Dickens and him writing Christmas Carol. It shows his life and how he got the ideas for the book. and so it was like also recreating the Christmas Carol as he was writing it. I don't want to give it away for those who didn't see it, but it is a wonderful movie and being its set way back in the day, the furnishings and all were amazing too. What was really nice too is, DH and I were the only ones in our movie (others were at the theatre seeing other movies) So we had our own private screening! It was great (then we went out to eat after the movie for Thanksgiving dinner). But we both highly recommend this movie! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: Movie we saw yesterday was awesome!

Thank You for posting about this movie I want to see it too!! So will be going to see it for sure.

Respected Contributor

i enjoyed it too. it helps to know "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens to get many of the allusions.

Honored Contributor

I love " A Christmas Carol ", so I'm looking forward to this movie. Thanks for the recommendation.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the review.  DH and I want to see this movie, but it isn’t showing anywhere near us yet.  I’m really looking forward to seeing it.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your review.  I'm always looking for a good movie to see and find that most fall short. I'll put this one at the top of your list.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

It’s on my list for movies this season. 

Thanks @Shorty2U !

Valued Contributor

Ohhhhh, I LOVE anything Dickens' Christmas Carol. I didn't even hear about this movie, but I'm interested now.