Honored Contributor

Re: Movie ticket prices in your area?

@kcladyz wrote:

Cinimax  here is 4.75$  I think  it may have gone up to 5.25 i can not remember.  The  theaters that  serve beer and food etc are $10 I think

Beer? I have never been to one that serves alcohol.

Honored Contributor

We have a discount theatre that is $1-$2.50 depending on the time and day.

they are movies that have usually been out a month or so but they are new if we haven't seen them. A first-run theatre we drive about 25 miles to an older, small theatre and its $3.50 all the time for seniors. I usually bring a bottle of water from home. Popcorn is $7.50 which is outrageous.

Respected Contributor

The last time I went to the movies, tickets were 11.50 for regular and 15 for imaxx and 3D.  I can't even tell you the last movie I went to, it has been so long.  The last stretch, I wasnt too happy with the movies, they were terrible, way too long in some cases and the cell phone conversations were annoying.  I won't even get into the young kids....   I would not pay those prices unless there was something I really wanted to see on the big screen.   

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the replies. Its interesting to see what various areas charge. Also we don't have any theatres around us that serve alcohol, like some of you mentioned.

PS) The Jungle Book was fabulous and there were other couples there too that didn't have kids with them. So I know we are not the only adults who still love Disney movies :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles