Trusted Contributor

Movie "Joy" about Joy Mangano

Is anyone planning on seeing the movie "Joy" based on Joy Mangano?  They got an impressive cast including Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Roberd DeNiro to name a few.

They're doing a story on her on 20/20 on ABC Friday.  Here's a good article that previews the story and talks about her 42,000 sq foot mansion.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=1782048&page=1

Trusted Contributor

Re: Movie "Joy" about Joy Mangano

I saw the previews in the theater last night. Jennifer Lawrence might be good in it, but from what I saw, she was not nearly as annoying as the real Joy is.; I just can't understand why her story was movie-worthy. I did see one of the scenes with QVC with the spin to win prize wheel they used to have. Not sure who Bradley Cooper is supposed to be playing. I might go see it, but I am going to wait for the reviews.

Honored Contributor

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2446980/

Interesting cast.  Includes Donna Mills and Robert DeNiro and his daughter, Drena.

Valued Contributor

@Deb1010again wrote:

Is anyone planning on seeing the movie "Joy" based on Joy Mangano?  They got an impressive cast including Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Roberd DeNiro to name a few.

They're doing a story on her on 20/20 on ABC Friday.  Here's a good article that previews the story and talks about her 42,000 sq foot mansion.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=1782048&page=1

NO, not even if someone paid for my ticket.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not, though the cast sounds impressive, no interest in this woman's 'story'.

Esteemed Contributor

Ugh!! They would have to pay me alot to watch anything about her. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

No.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Nope

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I won't embarass myself by naming the last movie I saw in a theatre but when this comes to Amazon I will definitely watch it if for no other reason than to see the behind the camera scenes at QVC and wonder who the host is modeled after . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I plan on seeing it.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?