Honored Contributor

Movie Stars - before there was so much media coverage

I'd like to ask your opinions on this subject. Of course, many, many of you were not around then, but you can still give your opinions any way.

After having seen so much coverage on t.v. and having read so much about movie stars, t.v. stars, and other entertainment personalities, I find that I have formed a very strong opinion - either negative or positive about them. Of course, a lot of this information could be false, but nevertheless, I have formed my opinion just the same.

I just can't watch movies, t.v. shows, etc. when these people are in them because I dislike them so much. For instance, I dislike intensely Tom Cruise, so I will not see a movie with him in it and if I see him on a t.v. show, I turn the channel.

Do you feel that it was better back in the older days when the moves of so-called stars were not monitored so closely and every little thing they did was not plastered across the t.v., magazines, radio, internet?

Even though you knew the old-time stars were just humans like every-one else, there was a certain glamour about them, the unknown, the mystery - an aura about them. The studios tried to protect their images and even covered up things. I think it was better then because stars were even groomed on how to dress and how to present themselves to the public.

It's a shame really, in my opinion, that someone might be in a really great movie and put on the performance of their lifetime, but if I don't like what I have been seeing and hearing about them, I will not go and see it.

Sometimes too much information is not always a good thing. A little mystery might be better. Leave some of the pages blank, so you can use your own imagination.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin