Frequent Contributor

Re: Movie Preference - Theatre or On demand at Home

@chrystaltree  very comical !  Have to say that our theatre has seats that fully recline and your feet are up off the floor.  Very comfy!  In fact all of the seats fully recline, not just a selection.  

Respected Contributor

We watch movies at home so they are not real currant,but,I don't care.

Honored Contributor

It has got to be 3 or more years since last movie with dh. can't even remember what we saw.

I just prefer to stay at home and watch t.v..

you are correct about all the people that talk in phones during the movie. plus recording the movie. having that phone light just shining in a dark theater is no fun for me. it blinds me (have had cateract surg) so bright lights blind me.

kids running around while you are trying to watch the movie. i sit at end of isle and people constantly crawling over me to get out of the "pew" to do whatever.

at home where I can stop the movie and use the bathroom if need be.

Honored Contributor

@vacationday wrote:

@chrystaltree  very comical !  Have to say that our theatre has seats that fully recline and your feet are up off the floor.  Very comfy!  In fact all of the seats fully recline, not just a selection.  

Our seats are like that.  I love those reclining seats.  It means there's really no bad seat in the theatre.  

Respected Contributor

Used to have friends that HAD to go to the theaters to see new movies and always went when they first came out.  I rarely joined them - the cost was exhorbitant and I hated the uncomfortable seats - even after they had padded rocking chairs and recliners.  I could never get comfortable and often have back pain the next day.  Instead I like to watch movies On Demand,  I can be really comfy in my pjs, grab a snack and there's no line for the women's bathroom!!!

Valued Contributor

I despise all aspects of a movie theater these days and haven't been in one for years. Oh, I did try to go see Halloween (2018 with Jamie Lee Curtis) but walked out during the trailers because the sound was so loud it caused pain in my jaw just beneath my ears.

My preference for watching at home began with VCR rentals, progressed to DVDs and now I also stream. Beside the convenience, comfort and control aspects, I do not have to pay ridiculous prices to be around a bunch of people.