Esteemed Contributor

Movie Preference - Theatre or On demand at Home

I prefer home and comfy.  Daughter loves going to movies and depennding which one she and her Dad will go. I didn't step inside one from 1997, Air Force One I think, to 2015 when DD wanted us to go to lunch and then see some summer blockbuster. Too loud, people not keeping phone on vibrate and the prices are too high. We can rent one at home for less than 10 bucks for a 2 day rental. Watch when we want in sweats, no crying kids and our eardrums are intact.

Honored Contributor

Re: Movie Preference - Theatre or On demand at Home

I prefer the theater.  We have very clean theaters about 15 minutes from house.  Matinees on Mon and Tues are about $5.  They have several good restaurants within the mall complex for a late lunch or early dinner.  I have never experienced the complaints I hear about theaters.  

Honored Contributor

At home, pajamas are frowned upon at my local cinema. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It all depends on the movie and if I want to get out of the house.

Honored Contributor

I haven't been to a movie theater in years. I will watch movies on HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime, but I REFUSE to give Spectrum one nickel more for movies On Demand they get more than enough money from me already!

Honored Contributor

We prefer to watch movies at home but will go see one every now and then for the sound and big screen.

We take our great nephew to see the latest cartoons at the movies. 

Honored Contributor

on demand at home.

that is why i dont mind spending extra money on my cable choices.

i dont spend money at the movie theaters anymore......no tickets, no popcorn, no drink, no anything. i did make an exception for some young family members and treated them to the new GRINCH movie in december.

i can pause, i can rewind to hear something, i can leave it for the next day even.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I recently saw Red Sparrow and I Feel Pretty on tv and all I can say is how happy I am that I didn't pay good money to see them in a theatre though I wanted to when they first came out.  

Honored Contributor

I prefer to go to the cinema but my wallet doesn’t so I only go 3 times a month and watch the rest at home 

Respected Contributor

I like to go to the theatre.  We do not go on a regular basis, however, I check reviews then we decide.  Usually make an afternoon of it and go for dinner afterwards. Recently seen Green Book, Bohemian Rhapsody and The Favourite all great.  

Do watch out for movies - both old and new -  on t.v.  (HBO, Showtime, etc) but  I begrudge giving my cable company any more money for on demand - rarely use this option.