Regular Contributor

Re: Move along...nothing to see here.

[ Edited ]

Hello garl, it looks like your package was sent via UPS SurePost.   FedEx has the same type of service called FedEx SmartPost.  It's the worst shipping method where it starts out with the carrier and then usually gets handed over to your local post office for final delivery.  The tracking is awful and often uses "delivered" when it hasn't been delivered.  In this case, it gets "delivered" to the local UPS station first before it gets transferred to the local post office.  Any confiiguration of the word "delivered" should only be used when it gets to its final destination.   Poor execution of the service. The transit time is long and yes, things get stuck, misplaced and re-routed frequently.

I just recently went through this with a QVC order that had free shipping.  In that case, of course you don't get to choose the way you want it shipped.  SurePost and SmartPost are cost effective methods so of course SurePost was chosen.  My package literally went from SC to my state, got mis-sorted and went off to California and then back to my state.  It took a tour around the country!  Thankfully what I ordered wasn't perishable nor did I need it immediately.  The box finally arrived yesterday, definitely worse for wear and ripped, but nothing inside was damaged.  

Bottom line, it's a a terrible service and I try to avoid it as much as possible.  I am sorry that you went through this, though.  

*Edited for typos.

Esteemed Contributor

@RawkinFoodie wrote:

Hello garl, it looks like your package was sent via UPS SurePost.   FedEx has the same type of service called FedEx SmartPost.  It's the worst shipping method where it starts out with the carrier and then usually gets handed over to your local post office for final delivery.  The tracking is awful and often uses "delivered" when it hasn't been delivered.  In this case, it gets "delivered" to the local UPS station first before it gets transferred to the local post office.  Any confiiguration of the word "delivered" should only be used when it gets to its final destination.   Poor execution of the service. The transit time is long and yes, things get stuck, misplaced and re-routed frequently.

I just recently went through this with a QVC order that had free shipping.  In that case, of course you don't get to choose the way you want it shipped.  SurePost and SmartPost are cost effective methods so of course SurePost was chosen.  My package literally went from SC to my state, got mis-sorted and went off to California and then back to my state.  It took a tour around the country!  Thankfully what I ordered wasn't perishable nor did I need it immediately.  The box finally arrived yesterday, definitely worse for wear and ripped, but nothing inside was damaged.  

Bottom line, it's a a terrible service and I try to avoid it as much as possible.  I am sorry that you went through this, though.  

*Edited for typos.

I have the free UPS app on my phone and hated when I saw sure post.  I buy a lot on line so decided it was worth less stress so I upgraded with UPS so every package sent to me never goes to the post office, even if it was shipped via sure post.  UPS delivery in my area is terrific and to me it was worth the upgrade cost.

Honored Contributor

@garl.  Did you get your package today?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I order alot from the Q and more so around holiday time, been ordering for years. This year for some reason I have been unlucky with packages being lost or ripped open and stolen in transit. I don't think it's the Q's fault, but they need to send jewelry items in a secure box instead of those bubble envelopes. I have not had a problem with food items, just had frozen shrimp delivered last week and the dry ice was still in the caddy and the shrimp were frozen solid.

Honored Contributor

I have ordered holiday food items from QVC in the past  and not had any problems.  From reading the boards this year...I think I just don’t want to take  the risk. 

Too many ordering problems, especially things that sit “in process” for a week or more, and we can’t cancel. 

Honored Contributor

@garl@september@blackhole99@Kachina624@mspatmac

For online shopping, the businesses such as Amazon and the Q, for the most part have solved my objections to online shopping.

Hopefully, the problems with shipping will be solved eventually.

They are getting close; I am waiting to make sure our Pittman and DAVIS chocolate covered strawberries and blueberries are shipped out of state from Harlingen, Tx on time!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

This has happened to me before when UPS was planning on delivering a Surepost package a day early and said so in the tracking but changed their mind and ended up giving it to USPS adding additional days to the delivery schedule.  In fact, UPS has done this more than once.  

Respected Contributor

Everytime I hear a Q host guarantee that an item will be there before Christmas I cringe.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

It Isn't QVC's fault anymore. They sent it and its out of their hands. Now it UPS's issue, contact them. 

It is QVC's fault in the sense that Q chooses its shipper.  The Smart Post option is awful, wherein UPS hands it over to the USPS.   The dual shippers really delays things and also makes for a lot more mis-sorting than otherwise would happy.   Yes, it's QVC's fault for choosing a cheap and inefficient shipping method.

Smart Post is one of the most egregious misnomers I've ever heard.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Completely agree as per my previous post.  The first time I contacted Amazon about my late shipment I emphasized that I used to be so impressed by their incredibly fast shipping but if they were going to use the post office for delivery I would not be ordering as much as I have.  Big mistake using the post office.  Asked the rep to pass along my remarks to the higher ups. We'll see how this works out.

IMO whichever vendor an item is purchased from--QVC, HSN, Amazon--it is their responsibility for getting the item to the customer.