Esteemed Contributor

Thankfully, mail carriers in our town had a reprieve today. K-12 closed but colleges still open. Yesterday temps in Anchorage, AK and Kansas City, MO were within a few digits apart. brrrr. Arctic Schmarctic

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad you're okay, but 11 degrees was most likely a below zero wind chill. In my area we had a temp of -2 and a wind chill of -20 this morning. The one thing I kept hearing was to cover your head and face as much as possible if you would be out in this....it takes only 10 minutes for frostbite to set in.

Honored Contributor

All who are dealing with this weather have my sympathy and prayers.  I worry about people freezing, getting frostbite on noses and such and all sorts of things--including frozen pipes!

I hope for all of your sakes it warms up soon and stays warmer!  I feel for all of you! 

Esteemed Contributor

Take care everyone who is going through a deep freeze. Make sure you cover your face and body well when you are outside and be careful of shoveling snow. 

Do not accidentally lock yourself outside either.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think the worst is over.  It's 11F now, but it did get up to 24F at noon.  Tomorrow high will be 23F.  Yes, all our universities/colleges were opened as usual.  By the weekend temps will be back in upper 30's.

I think my husband yelled at me, LOL.  He couldn't believe I was that stupid. Tomorrow I promise will be a scarf wrapped around my face.  Below my eyes. I went without eye makup by the way.  Anytime it's cold, my eyes weep making my makeup run.  That's one thing about this kind weather.  It's short lived. Besides, most of my body was quite warm when I was outside.  Just the face.... 

Honored Contributor

Cold is a serious topic.  It doesn't take long to get frostbite.  Sounds like you need another layer around the head.  

Respected Contributor

Good Lord !!!  You have to cover your face! Or at least use Vaseline ( petroleum) before you go outside!

Honored Contributor

Last word