Honored Contributor

Mouse In The House

[ Edited ]

I just saw a mouse in my house!  I haven't seen a mouse in my house in years.  I'll call the exterminator tomorrow.  I don't want poison in my house because of my dog.  What will they do?  Put poison and/or traps in the garage?  How will they get the one in the house?  I'm just grossed out right now.

The last time I saw a mouse in the house l was seeing them in the garage, too.  I had bird seed in the garage at that time and felt like that was what was attracting them.  I no longer have bird seed.  The exterminator put poison in my garage at that time, and it got rid of them.  This really freaks me out.  I'll probably have a hard time sleeping tonight.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Ugh.  You have company here, NickNack.  Put the word mice in the community search box and at least one recent thread will pop up.  I would have trouble sleeping, too:/

Honored Contributor

I've lived in my home for over 50 years and we have only had 2 at the same time. My husband set mousetraps under the sink. He went outside to try to find out how they got in and calked. He got both mice. He baited the traps with peanut butter bread. I have never had them again

Esteemed Contributor
Yeahhhh . . I've seen them squeeze down flat and go right under a closed door. Ewww.
Esteemed Contributor

Exterminators have boxes they put poison in and place them in and outside your home.  They'll probably place them in your attic, basement, under your kitchen sink, etc. 

If your dogs are frisky or nosey, they will place them in areas they will not be able to reach.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack

You'll probably have a hard time sleeping tonight!!??!!!  There's a mouse in your house [[[SHUDDER]]]!!!!   I would be calling the nearest hotel and booking a room for a few nights!  Do you have any traps and cheese anywhere?  Do you think your dog will bark if he/she sees the mouse...in your bedroom...in the dark...ACK ACK ACK!  I know this is not helpful, but I hate mice.  I had one in the house once when Handsome was out-of-town...Murphy's Law if I ever heard it...it was actually half-dead in a trap and struggling to get free.  I was yelling, "die, die already!"  I'm heartless!  Neighbor came and saved the day.

Get a hotel room!  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I just saw a mouse in my house!  I haven't seen a mouse in my house in years.  I'll call the exterminator tomorrow.  I don't want poison in my house because of my dog.  What will they do?  Put poison and/or traps in the garage?  How will they get the one in the house?  I'm just grossed out right now.

The last time I saw a mouse in the house l was seeing them in the garage, too.  I had bird seed in the garage at that time and felt like that was what was attracting them.  I no longer have bird seed.  The exterminator put poison in my garage at that time, and it got rid of them.  This really freaks me out.  I'll probably have a hard time sleeping tonight.

I feel your pain, I recently had a mouse in my house too.Be careful you don't get taken advantage of. I called an extermination company and they tried to sell me a monthly plan and tried to scare me if there was one mouse there was more (there wasn't)  Honestly I would save my money because the company put out the cheapest traps you could buy yourself and also put down black boxes that had poison in them.I would not let them put down gluetraps because I find them to be so inhumane.

Honored Contributor

I can deal with just about anything Except mice and rats.....uggg!   I know how you feel!

Honored Contributor

You ladies are plain irrational and silly.  I can't believe you're scared of a tiny mouse.  Why, are you afraid it's going to attack You?  All 2 ounces of It?  Get a grip.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

An exterminator for a mouse?   Really?    A nest of ants = yes, but NOT for a mouse.  LOL   Get a spring loaded plastic trap - put a tad of peanut butter on it - in a corner where your dog can't reach - put up a cardboard block between dog and trap and just wait.  However, it's possible the mouse has gone back outside.

Garage is the best place.