Valued Contributor

I would actually dig getting Lock n Lock.

I will be honored with whatever my son gives to me.  

A hug, a cup of tea and conversation with him would be the best.  

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@godi wrote:

Well I agree no undergarments at all. Ok off topic go with it. My X one year bought me a indoor grill for my birthday. It sat out on our porch in the box for a couple years till he threw it away. And you wonder why he's the X? 🤣🤣

@godi    I got a vacuum cleaner for my birthday............

My sister's ex bought her a new washer and dryer one Mother's Day and she was over the moon because her set was shot.

She'd have kept him for the major appliances, but there was other . . . stuff.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

I could be wrong but I'm not sure too many women would like underpants for Mother's Day nor would they want lock n' lock.   Anyway I sure wouldn't.   I also do not want flowers or chocolates.    I would like gift cards for books, bottle of wine, and in normal times gift cards to restaurants.   Plants are also welcome.    Now before I get attacked, I will say that if I receive any of the gifts that I'm  not fond of the "giver" will never know.   However, I think it's safe to say none of my children would ever get me underpants.   

My husband once gave me an electric skillet for Valentines Day.  Yes, I needed a new one but not for Valentine's Day.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

My husband once gave me an electric skillet for Valentines Day.  Yes, I needed a new one but not for Valentine's Day.

haha.gif

@ScrapHappy  Your comment reminded me the time as a teenager I overheard an aunt tell my uncle (her husband)....she shouted, "NEVER EVER GIVE ME A HOLIDAY GIFT THAT INVOLVES HOUSWORK!!!!!!!   INCLUDING BIRTHDAYS TOO!!!!"  

He had given her a vacuum cleaner as a xmas gift.  I never forgotten that.  So much so, that I told my ex, current paramour & my children basically the same.  I added "housework items" are NOT gifts.  They are given when needed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

First wedding anniversary...huge box waiting for me to open..Major disappointment awaited inside.I got a fulll case of TP for our paper anniversary.

Honored Contributor

My Dad's standard gift to my Mom was some sort of a pocketbook, could of been he had a cousin that owned a store that sold them

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@DrakesMomma wrote:

I would actually dig getting Lock n Lock.

I will be honored with whatever my son gives to me.  

A hug, a cup of tea and conversation with him would be the best.  

I wouldn't mind Lock n Lock either. Just to be able to spend time with my kids and my momma and not from a distance is what I'd really like.

Honored Contributor
@Mz iMac. Not only are they not gifts, but they are for the benefit of everyone not just the woman. That's a "whole family" gift.
Trusted Contributor

I know I'm the odd ball here but I really like practical presents! The fun stuff I am able to buy for myself but I don't very often go buy the practical  things for myself! 

But I did tell my kids, no gifts this year. Just a home made  card with their written words is all I want. I just don't want them going out to the stores during this time. 

Respected Contributor

I want tp & paper towels the good brand. I ask for the impossible.