Respected Contributor

Re: Mother of baby killed in hot car

On 7/8/2014 Matty6 said:
On 7/8/2014 SydneyH said:

While none of that points to her guilt, I am surprised she has not been charged yet.....

The police are giving her some rope.. Hoping they will gain more information. If they arrest her now she will lawyer up faster then you can say "Is dinner ready?" I heard on the news she visited her husband in prison this afternoon and the visit lasted a half and hour... The attention is shifted on her now......

The article I posted above said she spent 36 minutes there but DID NOT see the monster.

Respected Contributor

On 7/8/2014 scotttie said:
On 7/8/2014 raven-blackbird said:

if she didn't suspect this deal was going down.........why would she said to the day care workers when they told her Cooper was not at day care and hadn't been there all day........why.......would her reply to them have been.......He must have left him in the car.........and when they tried to assure her that there were all kinds of reasons as to why Cooper might not be there......she insist that her husband must have left Cooper in the car....................................raven

She's in on it.

exactly........she was laying down the scenario of a tragic accident...........the only bright spot is........they both are dumb as rocks and justice has a chance in this case, the more they talk, the more they hang themselves..............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Hoovermom, the article I read didn't say whether she saw him or not, so I guess she didn't!

The woman that was with her must have been her mother, when the car pulled around it had an AL tag with Tuscaloosa County!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/8/2014 hyacinth003 said:

That is one strange woman!

Watched some of "Nancy Grace" show last night. Saw shots of her sitting in court as her husband was being arraigned.

She's chewing on gum like a teenager. No expression most of the time.

Some are quick to point out that people grieve differently. No argument with that.

But, any of us who are mothers know how we would react. We would be DEVASTATED, emotionally wrung out, sobbing, barely able to function. Our last concern would be if our husband was saying too much to police, even if we believed it was an accident.

We would not be saying at the baby's funeral that we wouldn't bring him back so he had to suffer life's disappointments.

This may have been AFTER finding out he was texting other women while his baby baked in the car.

Just the thought of how my baby died would render me bed ridden needing sedation.

Something weird is up with her.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I agree with everything you said here, mostly if that was my child OR grandchild Id be a total mess. I think shes in on it and should be arrested.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 7/8/2014 Bird mama said:

They'd have to sedate me, because husband or not, accident or not, I would try to kill him for being so stupid.

You wouldn't even be with a man who would do that.

Additionally, you'd probably be the kind of mother who would sense something, and you'd get that child out of there before he had a chance to do anything.

This mother had no feelings for her child. I still think she's similar to Susan Smith.

I don't care how long I live in this world - I will NEVER understand people like this couple. No matter how many times I see things in the news like this I honest to God can't process it in my brain?!?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I plan on following this case to the end. I cannot fathom how parents can act like that either. The mother blended in with the other spectators in the court room. Unbelievable. Like another poster, I will never understand this either. The pain would kill me.

Respected Contributor

Bird mama....I don't understand it either. Of course we don't, but we are wired entirely differently.

These people have no conscience.

It's horrible, but the way I deal with it is to do something to help a child who I can help..I make an extra donation to a children's organization, I donate clothes to the back to.school readiness program, etc.

I think, well I can't do anything for the little child that died, but I CAN help a child who us suffering now.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

You know, children suffer and die at the hands of their parents every day in this country.

This case had gained national attention, but in reality, many suffer with no recognition every day.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

You know, children suffer and die at the hands of their parents every day in this country.

This case had gained national attention, but in reality, many suffer with no recognition every day.

Sad, but very true.

Respected Contributor

Hooty, I will go back and check again. Just saw this:

> Shocking tweet of SUV death dad: Father charged with 22-month-old's death posted 'NEW INVENTION: Sn...:NEW This is the shocking tweet from Justin Ross Harris to a friend on September 11 of last year that suggests his baby Cooper, then 13-month-old, was not sleeping to his satisfaction. Of course, many parents of young babies have shared similar frustrations about wishing their babies would sleep through the night. But the shocking tweet from @ross harris: 'NEW INVENTION: Snooze buttons on babies' is shocking in light of the charges against Harris, who has been charged with leaving his son to die in a scorching hot SUV on June 18, is alarming. Harris' wife Leanna was barred from visiting her husband on Tuesday when she attempted to see him in jail for the first time since shocking details of the alleged crime were revealed in court.