Honored Contributor

Mother and child love

[ Edited ]

This applies to animals too.  They don't love what their's less then we do.

Trusted Contributor
Precious!
Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

So sweet.  I love pictures of animals and their babies.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

So true...they are sentient beings just like us.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mother and child love

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

So true...they are sentient beings just like us.

Yes they are.  That's why it was terrible being in SeaWorld.  They snapped & lashed out to the trainers.  Only time Ocra would attack a human.  Out in the wild they are friendly, social animals.   They are dolphins. First cousins to the small dolphins  like "Flipperr"they certainly behave like them.  

90% of all female animals die just before they reach menopause.  Female humans and Orca continue to live &stay with their families after menopause.  That's why female orcas live to about 60 to 70 years on average. It's a  matriarchal society where females teach and nurture their offspring.  The offspring stays with the mothers all their lives.   That what was wrong with Sea World.  They separated mothers and babies.

Honored Contributor

@songbird   Appreciate your share.  Elephants came to mind as I read your post...  another mathriarchal society.  Those mommies circle the young ones when danger is present.  Examples are numerous of animals' care and love for their young.  Our animals are so precious. ( I had this awareness as a young child and refused to eat any animals as a result.)  Sea World would not be on my wish list.  Love and share your compassion for our beautiful animals.