Trusted Contributor

Re: Mother Teresa is Now Officially Saint Teresa

@Maltese Momma

You are a blessed woman to have worked alongside our newest saint.

Today is a joyous day.

Trusted Contributor

One of our parish priests is from India (from a very poor family) and knew St. Teresa from India.  He is a such a sweet and humble man.   He did attend the canonization, and hope that he tells us about it when he returns.

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbeythe 8th

Yes,I feel it is a Blessing.I thank God for the opportuniy to have known her. I am finding it overwhelming to think I worked with and loved her.It is taking a lot of thought  on my part  to accept this Holy Blessing.

What is the meaning of this gift to me? Inside I feel somehow, maybe I need to improve myself to be worthy of such a gift.Not meaning to be overly spiritual but I am feeling very humbled by this, blessing.

Do you think I am over thinking it all ?

Respected Contributor

I thought she was already "Sainted".  I also thought Gene Wilder was already gone too.  Gotta pay more attention.

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably be saying why was I so lucky to have known this woman?  When you knew our newest Saint, she was a mere mortal no different than any of us. 

The fact that you worked with her serving food to the poor tells me you care for and have love for those less fortunate.

Years ago I touched hands with Pope John Paul.  For the longest time, every time I remembered it, I felt an inner peace.

St. Teresa of Calcutta will always have a special place in your life.  Accept it as this truly is a special gift.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Catholics have a new saint; that is far from "the world".  I'm happy for them but I don't believe in the concept of saints.  

What does, "that is far from "the world,"' mean?

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Catholics have a new saint; that is far from "the world".  I'm happy for them but I don't believe in the concept of saints.  

You dont have to; sainthood most often is not a choice people make while living. Mother Teresa just was saintly.

Maximilian Kolbe had no idea what would happen in Dachau after he took the place of a man sentenced to die, naked and starving in the Nazi underground bunkers. He did know that he made a choice to save a man who had children.

That man later attended St. Fr. Maximilan Kolbe's canonization in Rome in 1985.

Catholics believe there are many many unnamed saints-people of great faith, love, and courage (b/c all go hand in hand)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@MalteseMomma

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably be saying why was I so lucky to have known this woman?  When you knew our newest Saint, she was a mere mortal no different than any of us. 

The fact that you worked with her serving food to the poor tells me you care for and have love for those less fortunate.

Years ago I touched hands with Pope John Paul.  For the longest time, every time I remembered it, I felt an inner peace.

St. Teresa of Calcutta will always have a special place in your life.  Accept it as this truly is a special gift.

@abbeythe 8th

Thank you so much for your reply. I was wondering if I was putting to much thought into it or something. Believe me I am not overly spiritual.I was back in the day  ,but as I grow older I have a deeper spirituality now than I ever had and it has nothing to do with Mother Teresa.

I met Pope John Paul twice when he came to New Jersey. I did not get to touch him..That was a thrill of a lifetime just to be in his pressence.  His plane also flew right over my house Smiley Happy

But again I really feel I am blessed and I can't help wondering why. I hope i get over it.....lol.........a little.    Smiley Happy  Thank you abbey.....

(p.s. I have a lovely grandaughter named Abbey )

Esteemed Contributor

I love this! St. Teresa it is.
*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I agree @Jtdmum
*Call Tyrone*