Respected Contributor

Re: Most Memorable Christmas Gift??

@Cakers3 wrote:

My MIL made 12" high ceramic frogs sitting on toilets reading a magazine in her ceramics class for everyone.

It broke accidentally.

@Cakers3   Too funny!  Did she wrap it up or just hand it to you?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

When I was 7 years old, my big brother used his paper route money to buy a doll for me for Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

MY first Christmas present, was a bike at age 10. We were very poor after the depression.

Through the years when I was older, I received lots of nice presents, but the funniest one was,

My next door neighbors were a beautiful young couple in their 20's.  I was married and my husband said, What do you want for Christmas?  As a joke, I said, so and so husband next door.

On Christmas eve, there was a knock on the door.  I opened it and there stood my neighbor's husband all wrapped with a bow.  That was so funny.

Honored Contributor

My birthday is Christmas Eve so many of mine are mixed together.  My all through high school boyfriend always gave me two but they were both opened on the night of my birthday.  For my 17th birthday he gave me a 14k tri-colored gold chain necklace.  At sixty I am still wearing that necklace as I type.  I guess it is my most memorable gift even if it was one day before Christmas of 1978.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I have to echo some other posters who mentioned their children. That's exactly how I felt in 1990 when my son was born on December 22nd. The great thing was that I went home on the 24th, I worried that I'd spend Christmas in the hospital and my other son wouldn't understand where mommy was on Christmas!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

None in particular.

hckynut ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My birthday is Christmas Eve so many of mine are mixed together.  My all through high school boyfriend always gave me two but they were both opened on the night of my birthday.  For my 17th birthday he gave me a 14k tri-colored gold chain necklace.  At sixty I am still wearing that necklace as I type.  I guess it is my most memorable gift even if it was one day before Christmas of 1978.

@beckyb1012 It is amazing that you still have the necklace and are wearing it after all those years.

The boyfriend must have been very special. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

my engagement ring Heart

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

My MIL made 12" high ceramic frogs sitting on toilets reading a magazine in her ceramics class for everyone.

It broke accidentally.

@Cakers3   Too funny!  Did she wrap it up or just hand it to you?

@Mersha   She had them lined up on a side table with the desserts when we walked in.  She did hand them out unwrapped.  LOL  There were 5 of us so she must have been very busy in that ceramics class.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

The best gift ever was my son.  I have known my entire life I wanted one baby and it would be a boy.  I was diagnosed with cancer right after our tenth anniversary.  We asked the doc about trying for a baby before treatment.  She referred us to an IVF doc.  He was very frank and told my husband if I were his wife this wouldn't be a discussion but he would treat me as long as everything was stable.  He gave us a week to think about it.  The only thing that caused hesitation was the cost.  When we met with him again, we told him.  In his calm and quiet voice he said he would take what the insurance would pay and not balance bill us.  I was floored.  At the time IVF was around $20K a cycle.  It took us two cycles and about 5 months for me to become pregnant.  Every single day, Dr. Nash is high on my list of things to be grateful for.