Valued Contributor

Re: Most Hated Company in America

I nominate Wells Fargo, who decided to declare me deceased and froze all assets I had in their bank (pretty much everything).  Nothing could come in or go out.  For two months.  Frozen.  I even went to the bank to show I was alive, with ID's but that did not work.  Thank goodness my daughter was able to pay utilities, send me visa cards for food and gas.  So freightening a bank controls your life to control your money at their whim.  I was embarrassed many times during that two months but Wells Fargo did nothing..to assist.  Oh, it seemed a woman passed with the first and last name, not my middle name or SSN, different state.  Imagine that.  They would not listen.  ARGGGGGGGGGGG

Valued Contributor

They are right on the ball.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I have a few more nominations for runner up if they are still accepting ballots.  Smiley Frustrated

@Laura14  Definitely have to add my Spectrum cable co. to the list!

Respected Contributor

Probably easier to list most reputable companies.

Honored Contributor

Even though the top 20 list l posted is of national companies, I wish l could add my local gas, electric, telephone, and cable TV companies to the list. Incompetence and greed are the reasons, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

The University of Phoenix?  I wonder why?

Respected Contributor

??  i'm not a hater.  too much hating going on.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

There are so many, but if I were voting I'd put Exxon first or at least in the top five -- along with Dow Chemical.

Dow would be at the top of my list too!  God only knows how that company has impacted the planet and our genetics.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I think it's Enron

didnt Enron go out of business, as in a crash and burn.

The disgraced president had a fatal heart attack on the way to serving his prison sentence.

Lots of hardworking people were bilked out of their life savings and dreams for retirement.

His "timely" death allowed no judgement to be claimed against his assets then, so nobody got compensation. How convenient that he died....or did he? He was a crony of the government at the time. Somehow I picture him in the Cayman Islands with a new identity, living off his ill gotten gains. Do we have evidence that anyone confirmed the identity of the body???

Honored Contributor

from wiki

eath

Lay died on July 5, 2006, while vacationing in Colorado. The Pitkin Sheriff's Department confirmed that officers were called to Lay's house in Old Snowmass, Colorado, near Aspen at 1:41 am MDT. Lay was taken to Aspen Valley Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 3:11 am MDT. The autopsy indicated that he died of a heart attack brought on by coronary artery disease, and found evidence that he had suffered a previous heart attack.[6]

A private funeral for about 200 people was held in Aspen four days after his death. His body was cremated and his ashes were buried in an undisclosed location in the mountains.[27][28][29] A memorial service was held a week after his death at the First United Methodist Church in Houston. It was attended by 1,100 guests including former President George H. W. Bush.[30]

Legacy

On October 17, 2006 his conviction was vacated due to pending appeals of guilt.[31][32][33] The government opposed Lay's attorneys' motions of appeal and the Department of Justice issued a statement saying it remained "committed to pursuing all available legal remedies and to reclaim for victims the proceeds of crimes committed."[34][35][36]

Lay left behind “a legacy of shame” characterized by “mismanagement and dishonesty.”[37] Condé Nast Portfolio ranked Lay as the 3rd worst American CEO of all time.[38] His actions were the catalyst for subsequent and fundamental corporate reform in regard to “standards of leadership, governance, and accountability.”[37]