Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  I'm inclined to agree with you. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

I don't know if I would like Woody Allen movies now..the old funny ones were hysterical, but the later ones, whiny.

Not germane to the topic but I always thought his movies were overrated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Moses Farrow Speaks Out

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

I don't know if I would like Woody Allen movies now..the old funny ones were hysterical, but the later ones, whiny.

Not germane to the topic but I always thought his movies were overrated.

@tansy and @Justice4all,  I've never joined the fan club that celebrated all his movies, but "Crimes and Misdemeanors" has been a favorite since I first saw it.   I think he can really craft a brilliant dramatic or comedic movie, but other times his films fall flat.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I saw this earlier on another board and read the entire piece.  It is quite compelling and, sans many of the more horrific details about the mother, I could totally feel what he was saying.

I'm not a jury.  I'm just me.  But I have always felt that this whole thing was more about her just trying to ruin Allen's life.   I've seen her over the decades acting in a way that totally fits in with this young man's rendition.

Of course the kids said what they were told to say.  It really does work that way and then at some point you are able to get away from the control and see things the way they really were.

I don't remember knowing about many of those kids and didn't even know about all the suicides.    Sure makes sense for all that they dealt with (allegedly) at her hands, though!

I felt the way you did, @chickenbutt.   I can still remember carefully and tentatively trying to present the perspective that he might be falsely accused, a few years ago when the topic was all over the news...  a poster I respect and admire told me she was putting me on "ignore" because of my posts.   It was very unpopular to even suggest we might be hearing and reading a story heavily tainted by Mia Farrow.    But, then, we don't know exactly what did happen and we can't.   This is a good example of the pitfalls of living as a celebrity.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I wonder if Ronan will speak about this.  He always adamantly backed up his mother and Dylan so this might be a problem for him.  

Trusted Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

I wonder if Ronan will speak about this.  He always adamantly backed up his mother and Dylan so this might be a problem for him.  

@puttypiesmom He did.  As usual, he made a statement calling his brother a liar while twisting the facts and avoiding addressing specifics.

Honored Contributor

Tweet copied from Ronan Farrow. (Hopefully, I copied correct and you’re able to open. If not, I’m sure you could google)...

https://twitter.com/ronanfarrow/status/999703910263742471?s=21

~H~
Trusted Contributor

Ronan is so popular, very few will disbelieve him or Mia and Dylan.  

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't read the article and probably won't. But doesn't the fact that Woody married his step daughter seem creepy and sort of sick?  Somehow it just doesn't seem right to me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I didn't read the article and probably won't. But doesn't the fact that Woody married his step daughter seem creepy and sort of sick?  Somehow it just doesn't seem right to me.

@MoJoV She was not his stepdaughter.  You need to read and get your facts straight.  And if a 21 year old marrying a 50 something year old is creepy and sort of sick, then why wasn’t Mia Farrow criticized for marrying Frank Sinatra?  Because I’m pretty sure that was the age spread in that scenario.

Anyone who molests an 8 year old would have no interest in a 21 year old.  Find me one other person who claimed that Woody Allen was ever inappropriate with them either as a child or an adult.  He has been making one movie per year for the past 40 years, and not one single person has ever made an allegation about him.