Honored Contributor

Re: Morgan Freeman, too? Harassment allegations.

@Junebug54 wrote:

Jusf for the record I did not say that women who dress "inappropriately" deserve to be harrassed.   I Just wondered why when a guy says something suggestive to a woman it's harrassment but when a woman dresses suggestively it's ok... just curious.   And please don't say that women are allowed to dress however they want... I know that.    Women want a man's attention and when they get it they cry foul..  For those of you that disagree (and that's most of you) tell me why.   And again I am not talking about touchy feely.... just words.

Re: Chloe Melas, the CNN reporter in the OP video.

She was 6 months pregnant....how is that ‘suggestive?’

Also...2 other men viewed the same reporter, but did not say anything.

Trusted Contributor

Oh for goodness sake .   If you want to go through life thinking all men are pigs and women innocents have at it.   And again for the last time I'm sure some men are guilty but equally sure that some women are too.    It's not always one sided.    I'm done with this subject.  

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Oh for goodness sake .   If you want to go through life thinking all men are pigs and women innocents have at it.   And again for the last time I'm sure some men are guilty but equally sure that some women are too.    It's not always one sided.    I'm done with this subject.  

Thank goodness we’re living at a time where

many are NOT done with this subject.  

I’m glad their voices are being heard. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you have seen this type of behavior used on your own young daughter, it becomes very personal. It is not something I will ever be able to overlook

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Jusf for the record I did not say that women who dress "inappropriately" deserve to be harrassed.   I Just wondered why when a guy says something suggestive to a woman it's harrassment but when a woman dresses suggestively it's ok... just curious.   And please don't say that women are allowed to dress however they want... I know that.    Women want a man's attention and when they get it they cry foul..  For those of you that disagree (and that's most of you) tell me why.   And again I am not talking about touchy feely.... just words.

@Junebug54, so you want to focus just on verbal harassment for some reason. In the workplace, it can and does  get you in deep trouble, whether you are a woman or a man. Okay?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Sometimes words can be as ugly as actions. Especially if they are used to intimidate, and make a person feel they are in danger of being attacked. There is an element of psychological warfare in this type of harassment. When you make someones life a misery ,always looking over their shoulders ,its not a little thing at all 

Respected Contributor

I have only just read the harassment allegations in this case and I think this kind of intimidation is horrific - hard to pin down but working in this environment awful.

After ending my nursing career I went back into a large professional corporation in S.F.   We had very strict dress code - which was fine - my Boss - Vice President, Professor, you name it had every degree going real biggie came to me when I was at the Xerox machine - he stood one side me the other - looked at my jacket and turtle neck sweater and made a comment about my 'boobs'. laughing - I looked across at him then grabbed his $100 Italian silk tie - pulled his head down on the machine, held him there and told him what I thought of his comment.  Now I could have lost my job - but no-one speaks to me like that.

He apologized and our daily work continued for next 8 years.   I tend to act first, think later, lots of times to my detriment - typical Brit - but no-one should put up with harassment in the workplace - glad this has come to light.  Words and innuendos, in my opinion, are just as harmful as actions and so hard to pin down.

Honored Contributor

2 wrongs don’t make a right....