Honored Contributor

Re: Morgan Freeman, too? Harassment allegations.

@Junebug54 wrote:

@suzyQ3  I agree if there was unwanted touching involved.     But yes I am saying that it goes both ways.    Not saying that a woman that dresses "suggesitvely" deserves to be touched..but... am saying that she is certainly wanting attention from the other sex.  

@Junebug54, so?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

For the record, there are actually women in this thread who believe that if a woman wears appropriate attire to function in a professional environment, they deserve to be harassed.  Read below.

@TenderMercies, did you mean "inappropiate"?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

For the record, there are actually women in this thread who believe that if a woman wears appropriate attire to function in a professional environment, they deserve to be harassed.  Read below.

@suzyQ3 Nope.  I believe they are wearing appropriate attire and being harassed.

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

Well, how dissapointing this news is! I really like Morgan Freeman!Woman SadWoman Sad

I really like him too and was deeply saddened by the allegations.

@Lindsays Grandma

@moon_gazer

I think what many of us like about him are the roles he's played, not necessarily the man, who none of us know personally. Same with Bill Cosby. Who was more loveable than Cliff Huxtable, as a father, a husband and a doctor?

Who knows what these people do in their real lives when the cameras aren't rolling? They're people like the rest of us, only with more money and power.

A man is a man is a man...

No!  There are good men and bad men just like there are good women and bad women.  We are all individuals.  Don't perpetuate bigotry and bias. 

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@suzyQ3  I agree if there was unwanted touching involved.     But yes I am saying that it goes both ways.    Not saying that a woman that dresses "suggesitvely" deserves to be touched..but... am saying that she is certainly wanting attention from the other sex.  

My only addition to this discussion is that I don't wear expensive jewelry into certain places or take it on vacation.  I think in some offices, you have to be aware of what you wear.  

Doesn't make it right, but doesn't make it right if a thief steals your jewelry off you either.   I think there is sometimes some element of don't play the game; don't tempt people; don't put it out there.  Not about what SHOULD happen or your rights, but what might happen.

Just teach our younger women to be aware is my thought and it may help them avoid some of this.  Poor girls look at their role models today. . . I feel so sorry for them. 

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@suzyQ3 Nope.  I believe they are wearing appropriate attire and being harassed.

@TenderMercies, oh, then I don't get it. You said that there are some posters who believe that if a woman wears appropriate attire to work, she deserves to be harassed?

Can you see why I thought you had meant "inappropriate."

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

We have it on film.

In a room full of people.

With 2 people beside him.

Again...camera’s rolling.

“According to Melas, who was six months pregnant at the time, Freeman, in a room full of people, including his co-stars Arkin and Caine, shook Melas' hand, not letting go while repeatedly looking her up and down and saying more than once a variation of, "I wish I was there." She says he also said to her, "You are ripe." Cameras were on and recording during one of Freeman's remarks to Melas -- "Boy, do I wish I was there" -- but not for the rest.”

If he actually said this, how freaking weird!  She must have been embarassed!

Honored Contributor

My feeling is we should stop being surprised.  I'm convinced there are more in Hollywood and many other venues that have than have not. 

Maybe they'll think twice currently.  But moreso, I think women will just get a little smarter and boot up their self respect.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

We have it on film.

In a room full of people.

With 2 people beside him.

Again...camera’s rolling.

“According to Melas, who was six months pregnant at the time, Freeman, in a room full of people, including his co-stars Arkin and Caine, shook Melas' hand, not letting go while repeatedly looking her up and down and saying more than once a variation of, "I wish I was there." She says he also said to her, "You are ripe." Cameras were on and recording during one of Freeman's remarks to Melas -- "Boy, do I wish I was there" -- but not for the rest.”

If he actually said this, how freaking weird!  She must have been embarassed!

It’s not IF...he DID say this.

It’s in the video linked in the original post.

And it’s not ‘embarassed’...it’s disgust.

Trusted Contributor

Jusf for the record I did not say that women who dress "inappropriately" deserve to be harrassed.   I Just wondered why when a guy says something suggestive to a woman it's harrassment but when a woman dresses suggestively it's ok... just curious.   And please don't say that women are allowed to dress however they want... I know that.    Women want a man's attention and when they get it they cry foul..  For those of you that disagree (and that's most of you) tell me why.   And again I am not talking about touchy feely.... just words.