Honored Contributor

Re: Morgan Freeman, too? Harassment allegations.

[ Edited ]

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Flush it all out, the idea that too much time has past is just pathetic. When some get away with it, it just emboldens others to continue. No one should be immune. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Flush it all out, the idea that too much time has past is just pathetic. When some get away with it, it just emboldens others to continue. No one should be immune. 

❤️👏❤️👏🌼❤️👏❤️🌼👏❤️👏

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always liked him, but I am not so sure he is innocent. He was harassing a woman , and Alan Arkin told him to stop, according to what I have read

He also said it was not his intent to scare anyone, or upset them, and if he did, he is sorry for it.  

You don't know the condition ,of some people ,when they do this, they could be drunk at the time. It is no excuse ,but it does offer an explanation, why some people are Jeckle and Hyde type characters

I hope it isn't true, but I just don't know

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Forget, no, forgive, yes.  I am saying that going back NOW to accuse someone who made jokes and pinched bottoms in the 1960's when that sort of thing was common IN CERTAIN SETTINGS, or to say you had consensual relations with someone several times back when is counterproductive to TODAY, and to establishing a new norm in this day and time.

Criminal actions are yes, a different topic all together.  But it doesn't do any good to go grabbing headlines about what one of the rat pack or JFK or some Hollywood big shot did fifty or thirty years ago when we should be focusing on and educating people on what we expect today. 

Honored Contributor

Let me add, those who won't let go of the past and continually focus on it aren't likely to forgive and move on either. 

Honored Contributor

What are these ‘certain settings’ and 

actions which are ‘sometimes consensual in office settings?’

Honored Contributor

I USED to like him until I heard some of his views.....

Now?He can wallow in the cesspool with all the other scum.

Trusted Contributor

He sounds like a complete weirdo.  I could picture him dressed like a medieval king and walking around grabbing women with one hand with a giant turkey leg in the other.  WIthout an HR department at his production company, he could pretty much get away with whatever he wanted to do.  I remember recently seeing Rita Moreno giving him a lifetime achievement award from the Screen Actors' Guild. I wonder what she has to say about all this, and I wonder if the Guild will take away his award?  

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I USED to like him until I heard some of his views.....

Now?He can wallow in the cesspool with all the other scum.

@SahmIam, not that it relates to the accusations necessarily, but I'm curious -- what are some of his views?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Allegations against Morgan Freeman are not new.