Honored Contributor

Re: Morgan Freeman, too? Harassment allegations.

@Laura14 wrote:

I have to say that is the first well done actually truly journalistic (no sides) fair article I have read in a long time.  How refreshing.

And I know I am going to be unpopular for saying this and I am in no way excusing his alleged behavior but he is a man of his generation.  

Having said that, if you have enough people tell you they find you inappropriate at some point you catch up with the times.  

@Laura14, I am one of those with whom you will not be popular. No offense.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I have seen him in a nasty, demeaning mood. That doesn’t mean that he is necessarily guilty of the accusations. However, I would not be surprised if the charges proved to be true.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I have to say that is the first well done actually truly journalistic (no sides) fair article I have read in a long time.  How refreshing.

And I know I am going to be unpopular for saying this and I am in no way excusing his alleged behavior but he is a man of his generation.  

Having said that, if you have enough people tell you they find you inappropriate at some point you catch up with the times.  

@Laura14, I am one of those with whom you will not be popular. No offense.

@suzyQ3  None taken.  Welcome to it all makes a world. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Just like dominoes, they keep on falling.  

Respected Contributor

This one is truly disappointing.  I have always thought he was a great guy, but what a shame.  They are finally catching up with these guys that are "of that age"  because in their day it was done, without a word said.  Thank goodness things have turned around and women are getting more respect.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

There's some businessmen I've found are "wierd".  But all that makes that so is they are different from me. Who knows, I may be the "wierd" one. LOL. Hope no wives are offended on that, but you don't know some of the businessmen I've had to deal with.  

I like Mr. Freeman, (why are these women so late to the fair, on this?) Unless this just occured, I don't get it. 

They are ,"late to the fair" because women have always kept silent about things like this untill now ,when others have started speaking up !!!

Honored Contributor

It seems like every man in show business has sexually harassed some one at one time, it doesn't surprise me.

Honored Contributor

Call me when there's solid proof....and then we'll talk.   Allegations are enough.  Not that I consider this alleged behavior to be in the same category as Harvey Weinstein or Matt Lauer.  They are totally different things.

Respected Contributor

I am sad about this as quite a few years ago I was in the then small theatre in the round in Covent Garden with a girlfriend to see The Glass Menagerie - very trendy little theatre we all sat around the stage shoulder to shoulder on hard back chairs - this big guy came in and sat next to me - and I looked and said 'don't I know you are you from S,F?'   I was living in S.F. at the time and visiting London.

He just gave me this lovely smile and then I realized Morgan Freeman - he was with the most beautiful, tall, lady - I assume his wife - but he was so nice!   So sad about these accusations.

Honored Contributor

I don't see going back decades and accusing men of behavior that was looked over and sometimes consensual in office settings.  That was then, go forward and change things NOW and speak up NOW.  

I never condone going back and trying to punish people for the past.  Times change, go forward.  If we look to the past for vengence, we will never make the future right.  We are too busy worrying about what WAS.

I am not talking criminal behavior here.  So it is hard to say what I'm thinking.  But I do believe we need to go FORWARD.