Honored Contributor

Morgan Freeman, too? Harassment allegations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Morgan Freeman, too? Harassment allegations.

Morgan Freeman is an phenomenal actor, but I find him rather odd in real life. 

I've read some articles and seen some interviews that left me thinking he was strange. 

Sorry I can't quote them, as they were awhile ago, and don't remember where they were, but they did leave me with an impression that he is, let's just say, 'different'.

Valued Contributor

I didn’t read the article u posted, but did t he have an affair (and a child) with his wife’s niece?

Honored Contributor

There's some businessmen I've found are "wierd".  But all that makes that so is they are different from me. Who knows, I may be the "wierd" one. LOL. Hope no wives are offended on that, but you don't know some of the businessmen I've had to deal with.  

I like Mr. Freeman, (why are these women so late to the fair, on this?) Unless this just occured, I don't get it. 

Honored Contributor

The article talks of behavior over the past decade including as recently as the past year, publicly witnessed, on movie sets and press junkets. Includes one recent icky conversation with a pregnant entertainment reporter.
Honored Contributor

Thanks @bikerbabe, that's really a shame!

Honored Contributor

I've lost the reaction of surprise. I don't think that there is necessarily a "type" when it comes to this behavior.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have to say that is the first well done actually truly journalistic (no sides) fair article I have read in a long time.  How refreshing.

And I know I am going to be unpopular for saying this and I am in no way excusing his alleged behavior but he is a man of his generation.  

Having said that, if you have enough people tell you they find you inappropriate at some point you catch up with the times.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I agree with your comment that he comes from a generation where different behavior was acceptable even though it’s never been appropriate. I’m amazed at how dense some men can be, even today. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised given some of the things going on in the news. Of course the entertainment industry is getting a lot of negative publicity over this Although it is hardly unique to that industry. I can attest to that from personal experience in the workforce.
Off topic a bit, I’ve been watching reruns of Mad Men on Netflix. The treatment of women at work in the 1960s is pretty darn disgusting.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe  I have still never seen that show.  I really need to catch up!  That's before my time so I am sure it would be educational especially in today's day and age to compare and contrast.