Valued Contributor

Leave it alone. It's her business who she invites. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

If all the family members who were not invitied had been invited how many people would that have added to the guest list.  5?  25?    

You have stated several times that your family is very close knit and that is obviously the way you see it.  However is is clear that this cousin does not see these interactions the same way you do and did not feel obligated to invite the entire clan for whatever reasons she thinks are valid.  Her party, her choices.

Respected Contributor

Six people were snubbed, @KathyPet -- two aunts, four cousins.

Yes, her choice, our choice.

Trusted Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@Six people were snubbed, @KathyPet -- two aunts, four cousins.

Yes, her choice, our choice.

@SaRina - Are these six INDIVIDUALS or six FAMILIES that were snubbed.  For example, do any of the four cousins have husbands or children that would obviously have attended with them if they were invited? 

Six could be more like 25 if there are spouses and children involved.  Big house or not, that might be one of the reasons the list got cut short. 

Respected Contributor

@Msshopper, 6 total individuals, all by themselves.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think if there is no obvious fight or disagreement with other sisters from the same family it is odd that they aren't invited. 

Of course the bride can do whatever she likes, that goes without saying but I do think it is odd to invite one sister and not the other. I would never do that unless there was a serious fall out between me and one of the sisters. It wouldn't come as a surprise that is for sure. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@Mrsq2022, 6 total individuals, all by themselves.  

@SaRina that makes it more odd and confusing.  And the information you added - that this IS the wedding for the most part for your side of the family...I thought that this was just the engagement party and everyone would be included at the wedding.

Well, we just can't ever understand the way other people think, can we.  Try to forgive (easier said than done) try not to hold a grudge.  

Hey, maybe it would make you and your sisters feel better for you to attend the event, indulge in all the food and festivities, and not bring a gift lol!  Just kidding. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@SaRina  Only 6?  I think the answer is that with all the Bridezillas/Momzillas out there, something strange happened.  When will this Age of the Bride end?  This has become quite toxic.