Respected Contributor

Well, here's an old name.

Respected Contributor
CB, what is the diff between "super" a and "valued"? I am still trying to figure the diff between "reply" and "quick reply"!

tam
Trusted Contributor
I think you are right Gardenman. It's been a treat to see some names I didn't even think we're still around. We tended to box ourselves in I think. Wish some of the iPad features were better but maybe that too will happen. The techs have to have a thick skin to make us move forward or at least I hope that is the way we are going.
Esteemed Contributor

I actually think that traffic is much slower than in the final days of the old Boards.  Could be due to a lot of things and this retooling is still in  a ramp-up phase.

I have learned the basics, so I can read and post a reply when I think I have something to add.  A lot of the features are nice for those that appreciate such things, but I probably will stick to boring posts.

Oh, but I do think that the search function is very good.  You can find  old posts just using a key word, if you want to revisit something and can't find it.

It still isn't clear to me what topics are ok and which are verboten, so I've mostly been reading to learn.  One thing is clear, the moderators are very, very active today on the Susan Graver threads; lots of deletions there.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:
CB, what is the diff between "super" a and "valued"? I am still trying to figure the diff between "reply" and "quick reply"!

tam

Not sure, really, but I had a message about being 'upgraded'.  ha!  Who knew!  I'm the wallflower who is so easy to ignore.

The Quick Reply is just a 'no-frills' posting box.  No toolbar with choices, quoting, or emoticons - just post the reply and enter.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

tam

Hi MT, "super" and valued" I believe come from the number of posts for a person (I am basing this opinion on the fact that I moved into another category this morning).

Quick reply is you can reply to a thread but you will not have the benefit of spellcheck or adding any bells and whistles to your reply.

HTH

Respected Contributor
I could never ignore you! Thanks for the explain action..hitting quick rep,y on this one!
Occasional Contributor

I am thinking it's more of new nics being seen.  I can't retrieve my bunny~ acct.  so had to pick a new name.

Wish they had a place to put a quote like the old signature line we had with the old board. At least there would be a place to identify yourself. 

~bunny~ from 2010

~bunny~ 2010
Super Contributor

Where is the Quick Reply button?  I don't see one on my computer.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Super Contributor

Where's Noel?

I teach - what's your superpower?