Honored Contributor

Re: More posters than ever!

[ Edited ]

@NickNack1 wrote:

Where is the Quick Reply button?  I don't see one on my computer.

I believe you need to 'activate' it in your settings.  I remember seeing it Monday in one of the new settings.

ETA - Ok, I just went in and found it -

Go to 'Edit Preferences' (on the left side of screen, scroll down past the forum titles and you'll see that).

Click on 'Display'

Scroll down and you'll see 'Turn On Quick Reply'.   Check that box.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

Have a feeling that some have changed their nic.  I see where Ford did.......  and have seen several others too.......

I wish I knew "who" Ford is now... I've enjoyed reading her posts in the past.  

Honored Contributor

Ford is Lilac Tree.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Seems pretty much the same to me, but I tend not to really keep track anyway.

Over the last few days they have made this board better and better.  It's been nice that they have been so responsive and have kept up the improvements.  

I just noticed this morning that I got upgraded from 'Super Contributor' to 'Valued Contributor'.   How nice is that?  Thanks, Q!  Heart

Hey CB, I got that the other day too and still don't know why.... do you?  Haven't been able to get any answers on the "contributor" classifications.  I'm curious, but I still don't think we need them.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Ford is Lilac Tree.

Thank you, tansy!  I'm glad to know - I've been reading her posts then, and didn't even realize it!

Honored Contributor

It's nice to see more "old" familiar names.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I think many poeple tend to live on one forum, or only a few forums where they feel comfortable. The reformatting now has them looking around to see what else there is. Viewpoints had a bit of a bad reputation. I know several people who post on other forums here who would never go to Viewpoints. They felt it was overly hostile. With Viewpoints now rebranded as Community Chat, some of those who would never venture into Viewpoints may now be taking a peek.

Yep, I wholeheartedly agree with you gardenman.  I expect there are more posters and readers then regular posters imagine.   I'm read for years before I had the nerve to post, let alone start a thread.  

Honored Contributor

Re: More posters than ever!

[ Edited ]

Madame Cottontail wrote:

I am thinking it's more of new nics being seen.  I can't retrieve my bunny~ acct.  so had to pick a new name.

Wish they had a place to put a quote like the old signature line we had with the old board. At least there would be a place to identify yourself. 

~bunny~ from 2010

@Madame Cottontail, You can add a siggy and you can italicize it, too.  I posted a thread on the topic, but here's the basic info:

For those who want to add a signature, just go into "My Settings."  Then under "Personal Profile" click on "Personal Information."  You'll see the signature block there.

This system allows HTML tags.  So, if you want italics, preface the siggy with

<em>

the words will display in italics.

Be sure to click SAVE at the bottom of that screen so the signature will take effect.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:
CB, what is the diff between "super" a and "valued"? I am still trying to figure the diff between "reply" and "quick reply"!

tam

I've been trying to figure this out too and asked the moderators, but no answer yet.  I was moved from Super to Valued, but I looked at a few other posters who have higher post counts than I have, and they're still Super.  Which makes no sense to me unless there are other factors.

I think they should just get rid of all those designations and it would simplify everything! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I think a lot of posters who used to be on Viewpoints went to the DY forum.... ?