Esteemed Contributor

If I was having to decide to do that I wouldn't do it. I had enough worry when they went through my throat (with voice box moved temporarily) to get to my C spine to do my double disc surgery. No way would I do what Caits doing for her voice! And PS unrelated to surgery, but about Bruce/Cait; I just read (on fb), there is a 50/50 chance Cait may be charged with involuntary homicide in that car accident.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I would say that most transgender people do not have the money like Cait does and still making money having this TV show.  I still feel for his two daughters with Kris.  It's a lot to take in to see your dad dressed as a woman.  Besides the voice, he would have to change his big hands.  Right now I feel she looks like a man dressed as a woman.

@Katcat1 

Me too, especially after his Vanity Fair magazine article, where he said that having Kylie & Kendall was a 'distraction'.

If my Dad said that about me, it would break my heart.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

Excuse me  for asking this, but doesn't she still have her male genitals?

I would think she would want that surgery first and foremost.

I would think the full transition could only occur when that is complete.

DARING---he/she has said that she only wants to have sex with women and some of her partners have said that the experience has been very satisfactory.....I would guess that gender reassignment is never going to happen but , of course, that's only my guess.

@Danky

That's what puzzles me. If he's taking female hormones, wouldn't that ummm....affect 'performance' as a man?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:

NOT judging, but the male transgenders that I know or been introduced to through my friends, have alot of feminine traits, VERY easy to see how they were indeed in the wrong body,  and seem to just shine through once they begin the transformation.

THIS. It's why I feel this is just a game with Caitlyn. When this show tanks, next will be a reality show starring Bruce "Oops I was Wrong, Changing Back now!" Jenner.

Seriously??? Don't you think this is a very drastic step to take all as a game? Shaving Adam's Apple, hormone injections, facial surgery. He could have just come out as a cross dresser with very little trouble at all. This is a much more crucial step to take on a lark.

Yes, seriously. He's kind of done the minimum to get by visually.  He had a nose job.  Lots of people have nose jobs.  Men have had Adam's apple shaves strictly for cosmetic appearance, that have had nothing to do with transgender. He may have mistakenly believed it would feminize his voice, but it wouldn't have done that for the men who had it done for cosmetic reasons.

He took hormones years ago, and stopped - both because he was fearful of going further and because he was afraid it would affect his livelihood. He would appear not to have to worry now. Yet to this point he has not committed to anything more than the superficially visual - things that are, if not reversible, pretty minor. When he starts taking hormones to the point of developing breasts, and keeping them, I might give him more credence.

At this point he is just a cross-dresser who talks a big game.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

DARING---he/she has said that she only wants to have sex with women and some of her partners have said that the experience has been very satisfactory.....I would guess that gender reassignment is never going to happen but , of course, that's only my guess.

@Danky

That's what puzzles me. If he's taking female hormones, wouldn't that ummm....affect 'performance' as a man?

IG---I , like you, would certainly think it would prevent (or at least curtail) the loaf from rising !

I think Moonchilde's post sums everything up beautifully. 

When I child is born, their sex is determined by their genitalia. BJ can think and act anyway that he wants but if he has the equipment he's still a male IMO. You can dress up like a pumpkin for Halloween but it doesn't make you one.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

@Danky

yes it should.  i have read recently a bit about the risks involved in the feminizing process includes taking hormones.  keep in mind he says that he took hormones for five years in the 80s.  from what i read taking hormones for much less time should have rendered him sterile and unable to perform.  in fact they recommend that when a person gets to the point of taking hormones that they should consider freezing sperm if they think they might want children.  it indicated the changes are permanent.  so i dont understand how he and Kris had those two girls unless he did freeze or unless he took far less hormones than he has stated, or i am reading rubish.  

Esteemed Contributor

So, I just watched my first full hour of I Am Cait. The blonde (Candis?) and the black woman completely pull off being a woman, at least to the eye. I would meet either of them and not wonder about them being female. Cait, however, just looks and sounds like a man in a wig and dress. Will this change over time? If anything, this show made me sad. He/she has all the money in the world, only to find that money can't buy happiness. Cait doesn't seem happy to me. JMHO.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

If I have to look at one more magazine pic of Cait with that same blank look on his/her face while I'm standing in line at a checkout I'm going to scream 

Honored Contributor

Cait is a "work in progress". It will take many more procedures to make/talk more feminine. Next will be hearing she is engaged.

Respected Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]