Honored Contributor

Why couldn't she/he go to county jail due to being a transgender?   He was in the process, evidently, of changing when the wreck occurred..  I don't see the big deal.. I mean there's men in jail that are cross dressers and woman in jails that are shim's..  butch's.. Isn't there some military guy that wants to be a woman and us pay for it?  LOL so confusing.. maybe they need a 3rd jail system for people that just don't know and I am not making fun of anything.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

BJ may not want to "take it all the way" because he considers himself/herself a heterose**ual, so still wants to be able to keep that option, very weird.

Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

Excuse me  for asking this, but doesn't she still have her male genitals?

I would think she would want that surgery first and foremost.

I would think the full transition could only occur when that is complete.

DARING---he/she has said that she only wants to have sex with women and some of her partners have said that the experience has been very satisfactory.....I would guess that gender reassignment is never going to happen but , of course, that's only my guess.

@Danky

That's what puzzles me. If he's taking female hormones, wouldn't that ummm....affect 'performance' as a man?

IG---I , like you, would certainly think it would prevent (or at least curtail) the loaf from rising !

I think Moonchilde's post sums everything up beautifully. 

When I child is born, their sex is determined by their genitalia. BJ can think and act anyway that he wants but if he has the equipment he's still a male IMO. You can dress up like a pumpkin for Halloween but it doesn't make you one.

The other thing is people can THINK anything they want to, or act any way they want to, or try to LOOK any way they want to - but, the bottom line is, all Bruce/Caitlyn's DNA says MALE.  Chaz Bono (for example) can think he is a man, but DNA says FEMALE.  A state can change your driver's license or other official documents, but you are still MALE or FEMALE according to your DNA.

Hyacinth    Cat Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

If you feel that you are trapped in a male body, why would you hold onto the most male defining body part?  If you were attracted to women, why would you be planning on having it removed?  I really don't understand the whole thing, though.  It really just doesn't track. . .

Valued Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]

FOUND IN A MEDICAL JOURNAL HERE AT WORK:

It’s common to hear the phrase “all babies start out female, and it’s only later that they become male,” and this is at least partially true. In fact, the influence of testosterone on a fetus has been described as a defeminization process, changing a fetus which was essentially predestined to be female into male. (Gooren, 2006) Testosterone production and the conversion of some testosterone to dihydrotestosterone between weeks 6 and 12 of pregnancy is critical for the initial development of male features, such as the ******, prostate gland, and scrotum. (Bao) In the absence of these male hormones, female genitalia develop instead. Brain development, however, does not occur in earnest until the second half of the pregnancy term, after the genitals have been developed, and the continued presence of male hormones results in a brain which has subtle, but critical physical differences from the female brain. (Bao)

The fact that the brain and the genitals develop at different times in the womb mean that a misalignment between the genitals and brain may develop, leading to either an intersex condition, or a transgender individual

.Other recent studies cast some question on what is more important in creating a feminized brain – the presence of two X chromosomes, or the presence of a Y chromosome and a sufficient level of testosterone. It’s a subtle argument, which essentially is trying to determine if hormones are the only differentiator between male and female brains, or whether there are other factors. One study which compared XX, XXY, and XY individuals came to the conclusion that having two X chromosomes is responsible for differences in the formation of the amount of gray matter in the cerebrum and precentral areas of the brain. However, the presence of testosterone appeared to be responsible for differences in the amygdala, parahippocampus, and occipital cortex. Thus, any condition which would reduce or interfere with the testosterone that the fetus was exposed to could result in an intersex or transgender brain. However, it is also possible that XXY individuals may have other compounding factors which can skew the data. (Lentini)

Honored Contributor

Re: More news about Cait!

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

Excuse me  for asking this, but doesn't she still have her male genitals?

I would think she would want that surgery first and foremost.

I would think the full transition could only occur when that is complete.

DARING---he/she has said that she only wants to have sex with women and some of her partners have said that the experience has been very satisfactory.....I would guess that gender reassignment is never going to happen but , of course, that's only my guess.

@Danky

That's what puzzles me. If he's taking female hormones, wouldn't that ummm....affect 'performance' as a man?

IG---I , like you, would certainly think it would prevent (or at least curtail) the loaf from rising !

I think Moonchilde's post sums everything up beautifully. 

When I child is born, their sex is determined by their genitalia. BJ can think and act anyway that he wants but if he has the equipment he's still a male IMO. You can dress up like a pumpkin for Halloween but it doesn't make you one.

The other thing is people can THINK anything they want to, or act any way they want to, or try to LOOK any way they want to - but, the bottom line is, all Bruce/Caitlyn's DNA says MALE.  Chaz Bono (for example) can think he is a man, but DNA says FEMALE.  A state can change your driver's license or other official documents, but you are still MALE or FEMALE according to your DNA.

Hyacinth    Cat Frustrated

This is not true 100% of the time. DNA testing is done at birth (and depending on the detail, can take weeks to come back with a result) if the delivering doctor has *any* question, by a visual inspection of the child, as to whether they appear wholly male or wholly female based on their secks organs. I have seen birth certificates held without a name for the baby for several weeks until the testing was finished, because the parents and the doctor want to get it as "right" as they can from the beginning - and they still might not. And there are times the testing comes back indeterminate, or 60/40. So no, it's not absolute - based on science. This is more common than people realize.

Back in the 40s, 50s and 60s, if there was any doubt, the doctor and the parents were pressured (often by each other) to kind of do eeny-meeny and choose. They were often wrong, and many of those babies are the true transgender adults we see today.

I totally do not put Caitlyn in this category, however.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I think Bruce was driven crazy by that bunch he lived with for over 20 years.  Even though he says he's felt this way all his life, I think it's being said to make this whole thing believable.  He said he started taking estrogen in the 1980's and was growing breasts, however taking steroids will cause the same thing.  Quite frankly, since he was a major athlete,  I'd believe he took steroids before I'd believe the estrogen story. 

Respected Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I think Bruce was driven crazy by that bunch he lived with for over 20 years.  Even though he says he's felt this way all his life, I think it's being said to make this whole thing believable.  He said he started taking estrogen in the 1980's and was growing breasts, however taking steroids will cause the same thing.  Quite frankly, since he was a major athlete,  I'd believe he took steroids before I'd believe the estrogen story. 

I don't recall ever seeing any before recently

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@june22 wrote:

That will not help much.... BJ still looks like a man in too much makeup with breast enhancement.  

you are right i think.  even the boob job is so fake looking.  I will never understand how you can feel like you are a woman and have no feminine mannerisms.  she looks and acts like a man in drag.  And at 65?  i watched the Sunday episode and that will probably be my last.  

It's just creepy and weird.  I can't watch it.  I started watching it twice and turned it off after 5 minutes!  It's strange.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"