Trusted Contributor

Re: More losses for my wife and I

My heart breaks for you and Cindy at this time. Your post is touching and shows how much you care for your extended furbaby family.

You did the right thing by telling Cindy. I am so sorry everything you & Cindy have been through. I am glad Cindy is getting better and hopefully will be home soon.  I picture your 2 beloved cats playing together at the golden bridge.

Honored Contributor

Oh, dear.

John, I am so, so sad for you and Cindy.

Sometimes it seems that all we can do is hang on tight to the ones who are still with us and our memories and be amazed that we have them.

Max knew he was home, that he had a family who loved him, that his Dad had fixed him a good meal and was with him, and that he was much loved. When you think of it that is so much to have. But, it doesn't help fill the empty space he leaves.

I hope that soon Cindy will be home and well, and that the happy memories of your beloved animals will be the first to come to your mind.

Blessed Be.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

John, I am so very sorry for everything that you and Cindy have been through.

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved kitties. Cat Sad

I have kept you and Cindy in my thoughts and prayers, and I am glad to hear that she is doing better. 

Hugs and blessings to you both! Heart

Respected Contributor

Oh no!  John it is so sad to read about your poor precious Max.  You and Cindy are certainly going through some terrible terrible times.  There are no words....   (((hugs)))

Regular Contributor

@hckynutjohn

Dear John,

As I read through your post, the tears started.  Then came more as I decided to read through the entire thread. 

Max was certainly a handsome cat.  While looking at that photo, I wondered if he was a "dude" or a "cool cat."

How fortunate all of your cats are and were to have such loving parents.  Could a life for a cat be better?  For those of us who love and care as you and Cindy do, probably not.

My sincerest hope is that you and Cindy have turned a corner: that the universe is going to cut you a break and that God will bless Cindy with healing graces and heal both of your hearts and souls from your recent losses.

Be well, my friend,

Rebecca

Esteemed Contributor

John, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear cat Max. Sending prayers your way. I am glad your wife is doing better. I really hope and pray things get better for you and your wife soon.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I am sorry that all I have to post here lately is sad news. My wife is doing better and I hope she will be home soon.

Our oldest feline, Max, who was 17 years old died today. He has been struggling with losing weight for over a year now so we gave him extra food in a bedroom by himself so we knew he would be the only one eating it. Max was the only remaining felines of the 6 that moved into this home with us.

I was getting ready to go visit my wife this morning in the hospital after I finished my routine. Take out Lily, our canine addition, for her walk to do the necessities. Clean all of our 6 litter boxes and put in clean water and food for both the cats and Lily.

Put Max in the closed bedroom so he could eat without having to share. I then called and talked with my wife for awhile as I wanted to give Max enough time to finish eating before I went to the hospital.

I was ready to go and on the way to our garage I opened the door to let Max out, only to find him lying dead on the bed next to his food. Won't explain any further because it is not something that I can account well because of my shock along with being on the way to the hospital.

A good day as my wife is getting closer to coming home. But seeing Max and then knowing I had to tell my wife once again was another heart tearing event, and so soon after seeing my wife in so much pain.

Really was not sure if I would tell her or not about Max because she does not need any setbacks with all the surgeries she has had in less than 12 months. I decided there was no way I could pull off her not knowing from my demeanor that something was wrong with me.

Told her and we both spent time holding onto each other and comforting each other. Will leave this at that for now.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart, what is left of it, for all the thoughts and prayers expressed by so many of our friends on this Bulletin Board. Also by some names I did not recognize or look familiar to me.

Those that have suffered the loss of their beloved pets understand what it is like to lose 2 of them in less than 3 weeks. And just over a month prior to that having to let another of our elder felines cross over Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you all so much from Cindy and myself for helping both of us through these very trying times of our lives.

MaxCropped Window.jpg

Max-1998-2015

Oh, John.  I just saw your post and I'm in tears.   Beautiful angel-boy Max, rest in peace in the arms of the angels with all your friends who went before you.

"What's left of your heart" is an abundance of love.  You've probably see it before, but I think this is true (of cats and dogs) about your and Cindy's hearts:

"It came to me that every time I lose a cat they take a piece of my heart with them.
And every new cat who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart.
If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be cat,
and I will become as generous and loving as they are.” (source unknown)

Continued prayers and positive vibes going out to (((John and Cindy))).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear John,

My heart is breaking for you and Cindy. Only God knows why you have had such a hard journey this year. The sudden loss of your pets

is very  heartbreaking, but we know it happens as they just can't be with us forever, but it doesn't make the pain any less. 

The two of you are enormous parents to all of your pets and I know they love you supremely. I adore the picture of Max...he is gorgeous and looks very happy.

I am so grateful that Cindy is improving and pray she will be home with you imminently.

Thank you for being thoughtful enough , as this time of grief,to keep us all who love you so much updated on your situations.

You have a multitude of online friends here and just know that we all take you in and keep you both in our hearts and prayers. I hope it is enough.

I will continue my prayers and petitions for you all, including  whatever pets you love and comfort.

"  ...and the God of peace will be with you."    -  ( Phillipians 4:9)

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss of Max and your other kitty. You all have been through a lot. I hope your wife starts feeling stronger, and I will pray for your strength to support your family - both human and feline. What a beautiful picture of Max looking outside, something all of ours count as their favorite thing to do too. 

Super Contributor

John,

Your post made me cry.

In that photo, Max looks so beautiful and alert...and mischievous!  I think he spotted a bird who had the audacity to light in HIS tree!  Right?

My sincere condolences to you and to Cindy.  And to Max's brothers and sisters at home.  I'm sure they miss him desperately.

Joey