Honored Contributor

I was reading the reviews for a purse. The purse is 13" x 10" x 5" deep. Some reviewers mentioned it was big enough to carry their I pads easily. However, one ( isn't there always one) reviewer said that there was no way you could fit an i pad into this purse. Well - i pads are about 10" x 6 " so I find it incredible that one could not fit that into a purse that is 3" x 4" larger than the i pad.Then I looked at the questions and answers and someone asked if it would fit a i pad and didn't some posters answer there that it would not. HUH????  BTW - it opens all the way across the entire 13" and is gusseted to open wide.

I believe some people just don't like QVC and just go through doing negative reviews in an attempt to make them lose sales. Why else would anyone say this obviously untrue statement ?

Trusted Contributor
Some people love to be negative. When anyone reviews be honest not complain about something that is not true. I always look at reviews before buying and some make me laugh and think do they really own this?
Honored Contributor

Re: More lame reviews

[ Edited ]
I would love to post my "real" reviews on the boards here.  The posters that I "know" I would trust.  Wonder if we could?  I know negative reviews would not be great to have here, but the ones explaining measurements for a purse to fit iPads, etc, and the pros and cons of certain fabrications, etc. I'd certainly appreciate.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

About the Questions and Answers, I think probably more often than not, it may be the Q's problem.  Whenever I answer someone's question, after I hit submit, the system asks me if I want to continue answereing questions.  If I do, it brings up a bunch of queations about products I have never purchased or used.  I post an answer for a Tracfone, it asks me about iPads.  I answer about Bare Minerals, it brings up questions on IT Cosmetics.  I think people don't pay enough attention and just go ahead and answer the questions ASSUMING they are still talking about the same product.  So many times the answers are way off base for the product being asked about.  What doesn't make sense to me is that after you submit a review or an answer, you get a message saying they will review your submission and it may take 72 hours to post.  If anyone was actually reading these submissions, they should catch some of the glaringly obvious discrepancies. 

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Occasional Contributor

I love when people review an item that's similiar to one they purchased a few years ago.  Of course, they're saying how horrible the product/item is and they don't even have the version/model that's being offered.  Not sure why it would even be approved to be posted.

Super Contributor
I think that to write a review for an item you should have to go to your order status page and click on the item you actually purchased in order to give a review. At least this way people who did not purchase an item can't submit a review. A while back, one review I read complained about the item and then made the comment "and that's why I didn't buy it."
Valued Contributor

@karlam wrote:
I think that to write a review for an item you should have to go to your order status page and click on the item you actually purchased in order to give a review. At least this way people who did not purchase an item can't submit a review. A while back, one review I read complained about the item and then made the comment "and that's why I didn't buy it."

I have thought this too!  The only problem is, it can keep valid reviews out too.  I have written reviews on items I have received as gifts.  Also on items that are not exclusive, I shop around and sometimes find them on Amazon or Ebay.  But in all cases, I own the actual item I am reviewing.  I do like what Amazon does on their site when they flag the reviewer as "Verified Purchaser."

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

@karlam wrote:

I did not know you could leave a review without purchasing a product.  At HSN you must purchase it then wait a few after you receive it to review it.

Honored Contributor

I just don't even bother with reading the reviews anymore because they are nothing more than subjective and they are nothing more than someone's opinion of a product.

I used to glance through them and the clothing ones were always all over the place.  People would say the item ran small then people would say the item ran big and still some would say it was true to size. 

I've purchased items that had overall bad reviews and loved the item and I've purchased items that had overwhelming great reviews and thought the item was terrible.    

Respected Contributor

That's why I don't pay much attention to reviews.  It's like this board, some people just make stuff up to have something to say.  Sometimes someone makes a genuine statement and others just jump on that bandwagon and ride it...lol  Since you can post a review without actually buying the item, reviews have no credibility.  Although, sometimes they are good for a laugh because sometimes it's obvious that poster knows nothing at all about the item she is reviewing.  The only reviews I care about are the reviews from my family, friends and co-workers.