Super Contributor
I am currently watching Courtney and Jane on shoe shopping with Courtney and Jane program. They just presented a pair of fishermen shoes that were only in whole sizes in the medium width. Instead of letting customers that wear a half size if they should go down or up to the next size they didn't. Since we can't actually try the shoes on and there are so many different brands it's nice to know what to do because it varies from shoe brand to shoe brand which size to get. Not interested in hearing about your daughter going to a ball game I don't tune to hear about activities of your family. Management please get these hosts to stay on point and talk about the products that are being presented.
Respected Contributor

size up to whole

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Super Contributor
Thank you
Esteemed Contributor

I no longer watch because what I really want is INFORMATION about the product.  I also don't care about whatever they "chitchat" about, not only them but many of the other hosts as well.  If the program runs out of product choices to sell  why not shorten the program?  I am tired of the "giggle" when they introduce the price and say it will never happen again.  Or that after the show they will buy some themselves or they have already a stash of them.  And while I am ranting hosts selling wrinkle removing products should be made to disclaim if they have had a botox treatment.  Very obvious. 

Super Contributor

@gramgrandkids1  The thing about those shoes is that they DO come in half sizes on the EO website. So IMO, sizing up or down a half size is BS. Ultimately they are not going to fit right. Why Q doesn't have the half sizes is beyone me.

Valued Contributor

You also notice they don’t don’t talk about their shoe sizes . They must not be a size xx5 .

Sometimes it would be nice to know what size the models are wearing . Not all shoes are flattering on someone with larger feet . 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:
I am currently watching Courtney and Jane on shoe shopping with Courtney and Jane program. They just presented a pair of fishermen shoes that were only in whole sizes in the medium width. Instead of letting customers that wear a half size if they should go down or up to the next size they didn't. Since we can't actually try the shoes on and there are so many different brands it's nice to know what to do because it varies from shoe brand to shoe brand which size to get. Not interested in hearing about your daughter going to a ball game I don't tune to hear about activities of your family. Management please get these hosts to stay on point and talk about the products that are being presented.

@gramgrandkids1 

This is getting to be more and more of a problem...it seems some of the host's main focus is to have fun on the job rather than give potential customers info to MAKE A SALE!!!!  No wonder QVC's revenue and sales keep declining.....🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:

@gramgrandkids1 

This is getting to be more and more of a problem...it seems some of the host's main focus is to have fun on the job rather than give potential customers info to MAKE A SALE!!!!  No wonder QVC's revenue and sales keep declining.....🤔

@Spurt 

I definitely agree!  I still can't believe that QVC isn't making use of their biggest asset of being able to see and describe their products much better on air than the online retailers, or catalogs either.

But I will say that both Walmart and Target had awful first quarters too.  Perhaps inflation is finally rearing its ugly head with the consumer.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:

@gramgrandkids1 

@Spurt 

I definitely agree!  I still can't believe that QVC isn't making use of their biggest asset of being able to see and describe their products much better on air than the online retailers, or catalogs either.

But I will say that both Walmart and Target had awful first quarters too.  Perhaps inflation is finally rearing its ugly head with the consumer.

@geezerette 

I think thats what all retailers are battling now, inflation---but Qurates problems go way way back before inflation, or the pandemic.....and even before Amazon began grabbing a lot of the retail business... back in August 5, 2016 cnbc.com reported that QVC's earnings release noted that U.S. sales for QVC began to experience “significant headwinds” in early June and the sales declines “have averaged in the mid to high single digit percentages” as compared to prior periods. And PYMNTS.com--January 10, 2017----QVC reported that their U.S. sales fell 6 percent in its third fiscal quarter. In November, executives reportedly warned the declines had extended into the crucial holiday quarter. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

For sure that Q's problems have been snowballing for a long time now.

☹️