Honored Contributor

Today I got a delivery from Amazon that was supposed to have two bottles of vitamins.  In the bag...two different pumpkin carving tools. Yes I called them and they're sending out the correct items asap. They told me to keep or donate the incorrect items. I'll take them to my book group tomorrow and ask if anyone wants them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: More delivery issue mishaps

I tried to call Amazon recently and hunted a long time to find a phone number.  When I finally did, they were no help whatsoever.  I have two pads.  On the old one, which could crash any day, I'm fine.  On my newer pad not only doesn't recognize me as a Prime member, it doesn't think I'm registered with Amazon.  Same email addy both pads.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a number for Amazon that I get through Google. I don't think they list it on the website, but I get connected with someone within a few minutes. 

Honored Contributor

My first prime order with Amazon was the wrong item.  They emailed me a return label and I was told to drop it off at UPS.  We don't have a UPS close by, so I went to Staples.  It took me a couple days to get there.  They emailed me everyday telling me I was going to get charged if I didn't make the return.  Didn't leave me with a welcome to prime feeling.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I never want to call anybody. I would rather email and then follow-up that way. Unless I need immediate assistance.

I always go to the bottom of Amazon page and they have HELP..and then go that route...with Contact Us..

A third party vendor recently sent me a item that was foam blocks but a few of them were really squished..obviously something heavy was placed on the bag..They were taking it back with no problem but I had to locate a box/bag and put it in..etc. I said can UPS drop one off as I don't have one to fit and obviously the one I have came damaged. 

I have no issues returning it but didn't have anything on hand to fit.

They sent me an email "keep the item,  we just credited your account plus gave you $5 courtesy fee for the inconvenience..." now that is Customer Service.  Mind you it was only an item $20 but still.

I can give you several examples too of other great CS with them..with just keep the item..!  With the mass amount of items they ship (and I buy LOL) ...there are bound to be issues on their end with wrong items occasionally and shipping issues with damage.  Shippers are also dealing with large quantities of items and not all take extreme care.

As long as they make good on it..I am fine.

Valued Contributor

When I received the wrong item from amazon they were great about contacting me. The item was under $20 and I had to print my return label, take it to the post office and pay myself. They refunded the postage after they received the wrong item and sent the correct one. Smiley Sad