Honored Contributor

Re: More Royal Wedding Intrigue

@LilacTree wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
I think Philip is the one who is a nasty sour piece of work.

@bikerbabe

According to "The Crown," the Netflix TV series, Philip was no angel during the couple's young years, and had his share of outside interests shall we say?  Elizabeth chose to look past that because of her intense loyalty to the monarchy.

He has no right to criticize anyone.

@LilacTree

Give me a break ......    To use the excuse of "intense loyalty to the monarchy"  to not confront unacceptable behavior is rather cowardly, IMO.  What has one to do with the other, anyway?    I really can't believe any woman would use her job as an excuse to not straighten out a husband who is constantly straying.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
I think Philip is the one who is a nasty sour piece of work.

@bikerbabe

According to "The Crown," the Netflix TV series, Philip was no angel during the couple's young years, and had his share of outside interests shall we say?  Elizabeth chose to look past that because of her intense loyalty to the monarchy.

He has no right to criticize anyone.

@LilacTree

Give me a break ......    To use the excuse of "intense loyalty to the monarchy"  to not confront unacceptable behavior is rather cowardly, IMO.  What has one to do with the other, anyway?    I really can't believe any woman would use her job as an excuse to not straighten out a husband who is constantly straying.   

You will have to admit that Queen Elizabet isn't just any woman, she's carrying on the traditions of several hundreds of years of The monarchy. If any of the reports are true regarding Prince Phillip's affairs then I'm sure his wife has spoken to him about it. Besides adultery is nothing new to the British royalty.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

ll we know about Phillip is rumour. Fergie was caught in the act,  big difference. Rumours might be  true or a lie..She has been caught out ,more than once ,with proof

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

ll we know about Phillip is rumour. Fergie was caught in the act,  big difference. Rumours might be  true or a lie..She has been caught out ,more than once ,with proof

So were Charles and Camilla... and doing much worse... The history of royal fidelity and bad behavior isn't a short one. The queen has been exemplary, it seems, but she isn't the norm for royalty going way back...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@cherry wrote:

So were Charles and Camilla... and doing much worse... The history of royal fidelity and bad behavior isn't a short one. The queen has been exemplary, it seems, but she isn't the norm for royalty going way back...

@stevieb    @cherry

I don't believe that anyone would get their shorts in a knot over Fergie .....    and turn a blind eye to Charles & Camilla.   

Cherry, I think Charles' infidelity is worse because he is in direct line to the throne.    You've never heard of the tampon converation???    So much for being a role model.   

Even if Andrew & Fergie had stayed married, there's no way she had even the remotest chance of crown succession.

Honored Contributor

No one ever said they turned a blind eye to anything. You are the one that is having kittens, because Fegie wasn't invited to the party, Charles is giving

The last time I looked, the host decides the guest list. Fergie didn't make the cut. You seem to have a lot of bad feelings about the Brits, their positions as our  allies ,and the Royal family.   I like them all. I am not obliged to like Fergie, and I never have

From where I set, the only one upset about any of this is you..

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

No one ever said they turned a blind eye to anything. You are the one that is having kittens, because Fegie wasn't invited to the party, Charles is giving

The last time I looked, the host decides the guest list. Fergie didn't make the cut. You seem to have a lot of bad feelings about the Brits, their positions as our  allies ,and the Royal family.   I like them all. I am not obliged to like Fergie, and I never have

From where I set, the only one upset about any of this is you..

Well then, perhaps you'll understand that some folks are not over the moon about the latest royal bride... That's what it all boils down to, individual preferences and perceptions...

Smiley Wink

Regardless, I don't honestly care what any of them does, but hope those invested in this event enjoy it, however far removed and vicariously... As for me, I'll just be glad when it's over and all the hoopla has dimmed...

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do understand @stevieb, even though I don't feel that way, am an quite looking forward to the wedding

Honored Contributor

@cherry I know that you and many others are excited about it and do truly hope you enjoy the event and spectacle that go along with it...

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  from the time I was a child ,I have always loved all things British. I enjoy the pageantry, and being able to see the Chapel at Windsor Castle pleases me. I love old churches and cathedrals

I don't like to travel, so this is a bit of England, I can see right at home..It only happens a few times a lifetime..thank you for your well wishes