Honored Contributor

Re: More Royal Wedding Intrigue

@Tyak

LOL !!   Funny reply ....   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I think Philip is the one who is a nasty sour piece of work.

@bikerbabe

According to "The Crown," the Netflix TV series, Philip was no angel during the couple's young years, and had his share of outside interests shall we say?  Elizabeth chose to look past that because of her intense loyalty to the monarchy.

He has no right to criticize anyone.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Besides the toe incident she was caught red-handed on tape trying to sell access to her husband.  Such a timely story.  '

That is a scandal.  Diana never did anything like that.  I think that's a disqualifier and I doubt it's only Prince Phillip who detests her.  

Honored Contributor

that is the last thing I want to watch or hear! Just can't understand why there is such an interest in the goings-on of the royals
Honored Contributor

There are a lot of things I don't like, but, I never dismiss the fact others enjoy them. We aren't all the same. If I don't like something I don't  partake. I would never  try to make other people adapt to my taste

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
that is the last thing I want to watch or hear! Just can't understand why there is such an interest in the goings-on of the royals

And yet, here you are.  

Honored Contributor

I got up this morning, opened up my news site...

thinking there would be loads of pics...nothing.

I really thought it was this weekend.

As much as the Interweb’s been chattering about it,

I lost track of the actual day. 

Trusted Contributor

If anyone has researched Prince Phillip, he made the best of of bad childhood. His father left he and his siblings and Mom to go live with his "other woman" on a different continent.  His mother developed mental problems and was in an institution.  He had to leave Greece and was billeted with different relatives.  I know a lot of of people have worse childhoods, but he lived through a lot growing up and when he was very young.  I had a mother that had mental problems and being apart from your parent is not easy when you are young.  He is not a bad man.  I don't believe he cheated on the Queen, what would be the point?

This is JMO.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have always thought that after the Queen and/or Philip die Andrew and Fergie will remarry.  I  think she was very lonely when he was serving in the navy, and claimed she didn't know they would be apart all those years when she married him.  Supposedly that was the reason for the divorce.

They have always remained very close.

From what I read, Sarah was lonely when Andrew was away and when he did come home, he played golf or did his royal duties. After the news of her affair came out, he said that he never realized how hard it was on Sarah to be alone so much of the time. I read that he forgave her for the affair, but it was the Queen who ordered the divorce. 

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
I think Philip is the one who is a nasty sour piece of work.

@bikerbabe

According to "The Crown," the Netflix TV series, Philip was no angel during the couple's young years, and had his share of outside interests shall we say?  Elizabeth chose to look past that because of her intense loyalty to the monarchy.

He has no right to criticize anyone.

And yet by many accounts he makes a lifestyle of meddling, judging and throwing his weight around...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...